This thread currently has 3,259 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner paul
August 10, 2019, 4:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
Please can we have something done about our PA System it is absolutely shocking. In the lower youngs you can hardly hear a word the announcer is trying to say ie the halftime announcements the substitutions surely in this day and age we could have something a little bit more decent than the rubbish we have at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Gaffer58
August 10, 2019, 4:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Gold Stars: 31
Leave it to Mr Dale, the stadium is being improved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
Stadium
August 10, 2019, 4:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
Leave it to Mr Dale, the stadium is being improved.

Can we blame JF for this or is this squarely at ND's door??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
The Grim Reaper
August 10, 2019, 4:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Town had a decent one but all the oldies in the main stand complained. Main stand 1 Rest 0

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
jimgtfc
August 10, 2019, 4:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
Didn’t even realise it was on until I could just about hear the announcer. Certainly didn’t hear any music.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 10, 2019, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
The club are well aware that the PA system falls well short of being fit for purpose, This is further highlighted on large gates where the noise in the stands is higher.
They did bring in a system from out side last season with mixed results which sounded good in some games not so good in others dependent on the weather, this system also got allot of complaints from some fans  around the ground that it was to loud .
I know during the closed season they looked at the cost to replace the system but I do believe the cost was a little high and other areas of the ground needed the investment first,

Hopefully as the season goes on  the club will be in a position to improve matters

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2019, 5:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby
The club are well aware that the PA system falls well short of being fit for purpose, This is further highlighted on large gates where the noise in the stands is higher.
They did bring in a system from out side last season with mixed results which sounded good in some games not so good in others dependent on the weather, this system also got allot of complaints from some fans  around the ground that it was to loud .
I know during the closed season they looked at the cost to replace the system but I do believe the cost was a little high and other areas of the ground needed the investment first,

Hopefully as the season goes on  the club will be in a position to improve matters

No good if there is a fire though is it? The current regime has had 18 years to fix it. Being totally fair, I think it was in the 70's when I last heard it clearly.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 10, 2019, 5:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8

No good if there is a fire though is it? The current regime has had 18 years to fix it. Being totally fair, I think it was in the 70's when I last heard it clearly.

If there was a fire I would expect the fire alarm system to alert everyone not the PA and stewards to show people to the exits,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
lew chaterleys lover
August 10, 2019, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,548
Gold Stars: 231

If there was a fire I would expect the fire alarm system to alert everyone not the PA and stewards to show people to the exits,

Does that work - fire alarm?
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
NorthLondonMariner
August 10, 2019, 5:51pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7

I personally know someone who had quoted gtfc to replace it over the closed season. Its A LOT of £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.