Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 151 Guests

Just Back (Bradford)

This thread currently has 22,476 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
sam gy
August 11, 2019, 10:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
One look at the Bradford fans comments show that they were unanimously drunk off with their midfield. Surely a testament to how good ours was.

Seeing lots of calls for a more creative CM, but I think we created plenty of good chances yesterday overall, throughout the team. Don’t get me wrong, we need more options in the squad overall, I’m just finding it hard to pick much fault with yesterday’s performance. Especially 2nd half.

Another mention for Hewitt from me....literally every time he had the ball in their half you saw Hanson signalling for him.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 85
TwoLeftFeet
August 11, 2019, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Been very impressed with Hewitt so far at right back just goes to show you shouldn't always listen to what the players previous clubs fans say..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 85
ska face
August 11, 2019, 10:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Jolley mentioned, when he first started, that he wanted to play attacking exciting with lots of crosses coming in and with players in the box. I thought yesterday we created more than I’d seen in years down the flanks through the interplay between the full back, midfielders and either Green or Ogbu up top. Short balls, running, hold up play & good movement helped us get round the back plenty of times and we just lacked that final ball across the box.

It seemed a more intelligent way of getting the ball into the danger area without having to rely on the much-feted traditional winger bombing down the wing, having to beat a defender 1-on-1 before loading it. It also means we end up with two front-men in the box on any occasion while the third is pulled out wide. Really enjoyed it.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 85
psgmariner
August 11, 2019, 10:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Happy to admit I am probably going to be proved wrong about Hanson. Was told by my AFCW supporting mate that his legs have gone and he’s pretty much finished. Looked anything but yesterday. Not only did he win pretty much all his headers he actually seemed to find one of our players almost all of the time. Was really impressed by him.

Ogbu reminded me a bit of a Tom Bolinwara on a good day. Seemed keen to run at them and made things happen. Not the most graceful attacker we’ve had but will cause defenders problems. The replay proves he was way offside for the disallowed goal.

I think we ‘won on points’ but they finished strongly and but for another Mckeown worldie we could have lost.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 85
Mariner93er
August 11, 2019, 11:16am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
After watching the extended highlights, I forgot how many chances we had. What was most impressive was the variety of ways we created them, far from justhoofing it to Hanson. But whenever we did go down that route, it wasnt aimless and it was calculated.

I'm really intrigued how we'll play against Forest Green now away, because we're clearly set up to have a go, and I hope we continue to sway from home against one of the better teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 85
August 11, 2019, 11:31am
Guest User
MMM, I think we had a good shout for offside. Vaughan maybe but there was another player who was offside and went for the ball.
Reply: 55 - 85
August 11, 2019, 11:40am
Guest User
I wonder what the Bradford manager was saying to MJ at the end of the match?  He had quite a long chat with him as seen on the extended highlights video, it looked to me that he was saying how well we had played, but that's just going on his body language and a (poor) attempt at lip reading.
Reply: 56 - 85
Andy_worldwide_mariner
August 11, 2019, 12:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +104
Happy Sunday fellow Fishy readers!

I watched the match on ifollow and was eager to see how the team would perform against a club fancied to be at the top end of the table.

I thought that the team performed admirably, restricting Bradford to sideways and cross field passes without them really getting between the lines- credit to the midfield for their tireless work.

Defensively Ohman and Davis dealt with two very experienced forwards extremely well. I don't think so much that Vaughan and Donaldson had "off days", rather that they were marshalled and harried well by two mobile and dominant centre halves.

I was particularly impressed with Hewitt, he pulled wide on many occasions to create space and delivers a lovely cross into dangerous areas.

I thought the front 3 linked up well together. It was a shame that Rose pulled up so early in the match but that provided the opportunity for Ogbu and he took it well. In the final third defenders had no idea what he was going to do, he was strong on the ball and has quick feet which will make him a nightmare at times.

My Bradford City friends tell me that they were under-par, however I can't help but think Jolley got his tactics right on the day, nullifying the opposition yet allowing us to play like the "home team".

It's two games in however I'm already looking forward to the next League match against FGR in which will be another good test for our improving side.

UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 85
Eastendmariner
August 11, 2019, 12:56pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
All round a  great Day left the house at 6am stressful TFL Journey to were our Taxi awaits But optimistic  A quick date about Brexit by my 9 year old directed at the Driver lol. Straight to the game  Passion Solid display from the Mariners and a GOAL TO CELEBRATE   Very happy could of had 3  but a point it is. Then a trip down Cleethorpes  Penny slots Fish n chips 2 hours and then the long journey home Then Dad  can I have ST  to watch Town  Home at 11pm  great end to the day UTM

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 85
golfer
August 11, 2019, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 123614
I wonder what the Bradford manager was saying to MJ at the end of the match?  He had quite a long chat with him as seen on the extended highlights video, it looked to me that he was saying how well we had played, but that's just going on his body language and a (poor) attempt at lip reading.

I studied lip reading at university and although on the other side of the pitch i could clearly understand what was being said. Jolly was asked how come the vast improvement, to which he replied  " I,like most managers,read The Fishy for tips and I had been following those by a chappie who calls himself Kingston Mariner hence the shite results last season,but on a tip off from our friend Pep Guardiola I have switched to following a young man who is far advanced for his age in the techniques of the game. I wont tell you his name but he writes under the pseudonym " Golfer "  I couldn't catch any more as they both turned their backs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.