Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Just Back (Bradford)

This thread currently has 22,464 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
AussieMariner
August 10, 2019, 4:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Enough about that to suggest we wont be looking over our shoulder as much this season, but wouldn't go to overboard. The midfield is'nt creative enough for me, and the fitness levels dropped alarmingly  in the last 15.

Hanson looks a handful, and was impressed with Ogbu

I’m getting a bit jack of this lack of creativity spin. Bradford are supposed to be favourites for promotion but who was their ‘creative outlet?’
We certainly created more chances than them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 85
The Boys Paddock
August 10, 2019, 4:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from AussieMariner

I’m getting a bit jack of this lack of creativity spin. Bradford are supposed to be favourites for promotion but who was their ‘creative outlet?’
We certainly created more chances than them.

insufficient from open play, relied on set pieces which need improving on. We wont be ripping through sides with 4-3-3, byt hey ho that's the way Jolley wants to go.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 85
Kris2
August 10, 2019, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

insufficient from open play, relied on set pieces which need improving on. We wont be ripping through sides with 4-3-3, byt hey ho that's the way Jolley wants to go.

Gotta love TF and all of its' bedroom managers. I guess playing FM for 10 years makes you an experienced manager and tactician these days.  
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 85
friskneymariner
August 10, 2019, 4:35pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
We are of the verge of something big this year,come on John loosen the purse strings a bit.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 85
golfer
August 10, 2019, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Much improved-more of an attacking team. Hess can certainly take a corner and Hewitt can put a good ball in. Thoroughly enjoyable game.   P.S. Held up on 2 occasions by police to let away coaches go - no show both times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 85
August 10, 2019, 4:42pm
Guest User
Created loads of chances, their goal was charmed. With a bit of luck we'd have won the game. Excellent first half.Bradford came at us a bit in second. I thought we'd weathered the storm. Great response to going a goal down.
Great to see Town players back slapping each other after tackles and clearances. Looks like we are building a real team ethos. Thought Hewitt ( the useless right back) just edged Hansen and Ogbu for MOM. If we looked tired towards the end, just maybe because we'd put so much effort in. We made a good team look ordinary, I really enjoyed all but one minute of the match.
Reply: 15 - 85
pontoonlew
August 10, 2019, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,837
Gold Stars: 167
Really impressed with that. Very good second half and a lot to look forward to.

Whilst Hewitt and Hendrie were very good, I’d like to see a natural LB. Luke was constantly having to check back to get a ball in. Tough choice because they both played well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 85
GYRanger
August 10, 2019, 4:55pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +48
Gold Stars: 1
Hanson was outstanding, won just about every header he went for but could have done with someone a bit sharper to feed off them, it's no wonder the midfield tired, as they are a 3 they have a lot of ground to cover, Macca was very sharp when called upon. Overall a decent performance with players showing passion,putting their bodies on the line.

Youngs Lower, love the view.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 85
Malta_Mariner_90
August 10, 2019, 4:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Kris2

Gotta love TF and all of its' bedroom managers. I guess playing FM for 10 years makes you an experienced manager and tactician these days.  

To be fair I would take a fishy user with 10 years FM experience as Town manager over someone like Slade any day!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 85
jimgtfc
August 10, 2019, 4:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Brilliant game. Town were excellent and deserved to win the game, I don’t think many could argue that. Loved the intensity we played at, whether that was the atmosphere or if it was just the first game impetus remains to be seen, but encouraging nonetheless.

Special mentions for Hewitt, Clifton and Hanson who were excellent and even Moses Ogbu was a threat with his unpredictability.

Defensively solid, work house midfield and a threat up front sums it up. If the first 2 games are anything to go by we could be in for a treat this season.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (Bradford)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.