Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
For me:

_______________McKeown______________

Hendrie______Davis_____Ohman____Gibson

______Whitehouse___Hess___Clifton______

Wright__________Hanson__________Green

Two changes, Gibson in for Hewitt (natural LB moving Hendrie to his favoured RB slot) and Wright in for Rose, he scored looks fearless and to be honest other than running around and working hard did not see what Rose added to the front line that Wright would not.

Maybe harsh on Hewitt but when you have a natural LB available you play him and Hendrie is better than Hewitt at RB,  

Don't disagree that Wright would be the better attacking option duri g open play, but what rose offers that Wright doesn't is more strength and aerial ability for set pieces at both ends of the pitch. Think it's a close call to be fair, but I do really like wrights positivity.

Would probably agree with the full back change if Gibson is fully fit.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
Malta_Mariner_90
August 9, 2019, 4:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Mariner93er
Rose brings much needed pace and was effective at turning their back line. I think he played better than Green who's distribution in the first half was poor.

While I agree his pace was certainly useful against Morecambe his end product was non existent. Green similar in some respects but we were all told by the Lincoln fans on here he is not going to be as effective if we stick him wide.

Watching on ifollow Rose looked a little nervous to me. It is understandable of course he is young and learning the game so of course there is the argument if you pull him after 1 game it will not do his confidence any good. But I just think Wright deserves a start in a meaningful game.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
Garth
August 9, 2019, 9:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Rose in for me, if ineffective change for Wright
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Abdul19
August 9, 2019, 10:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Garth
Rose in for me

Have you done a hamstring?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
sonofmadeleymariner
August 9, 2019, 11:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Unchanged unless Gibson can come in for Hewitt. Nothing against Hewitts performance I'd just prefer to have a proper left back in and Hendrie back on the right.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.