This thread currently has 5,976 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
August 7, 2019, 5:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
It should always be the Refs decision. Takes all the gamesmanship away from the other team.
I’d very much also like to see refs given the ability to caution players who make Lazarus-style recoveries moments after being at deaths door.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
Madeleymariner
August 8, 2019, 1:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
The one that gets me most is when a player goes off injured, then comes back on limps for 1 minute then sits down in the middle of the pitch while the phsio then spends 5 mins pretending to give attention while the sub warms up, If he could walk back onto the pitch he can walk off again without the game stopping..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
Gaffer58
August 8, 2019, 6:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
We all seem to have a gripe about various forms of professionalism (basically cheating) but why are not FIFA or EUFA bothered about it, I would assume money is involved somewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2019, 8:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The number of member countries where ‘gamesmanship ‘ is an integral part of the football culture would dissuade FIFA from doing anything about it unless absolutely necessary. Only if there’s a clear threat to revenue because of a bad reputation would they act (ie if sponsors started to back away from being associated with the game).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kicking the ball out of play

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.