Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kicking the ball out of play
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 419 Guests

Kicking the ball out of play

This thread currently has 5,977 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
August 6, 2019, 6:48pm
Guest User
if a player goes down and play is stopped ,that player must stay off the pitch for 5 minutes(controlled by 4th official) so a player genuinly injured would need that time to recover but someone play acting penalises his own team.    just an idea.  
Reply: 10 - 33
ginnywings
August 6, 2019, 6:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from 4055
if a player goes down and play is stopped ,that player must stay off the pitch for 5 minutes(controlled by 4th official) so a player genuinly injured would need that time to recover but someone play acting penalises his own team.    just an idea.  

So our star striker gets hacked down by a vicious tackle, and has to leave the pitch for 5 mins?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
golfer
August 6, 2019, 7:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from 4055

I would add that if it was a foul then "the dirty illegitimate" who did it goes off for twice as long
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Malta_Mariner_90
August 6, 2019, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from mimma
The problem I have are when foreign players go down clutching their faces even though there is no contract with their head. Busketts was a master of it. His face must have been made of glass!

When play is restarted it is always to the disadvantage of the attacking team meaning that there is an advantage for players to go down

It is also a time wasting tactic since the time taken never gets fully added on. To stop this why can't  we have an independent time keeper who stops the clock when the ref signals like they do in rugby league?

It is not exactly restricted to foreign players is it? Morecambes keeper this past game being a prime example....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Kris2
August 6, 2019, 7:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
It should be up to the referee to decide if something is serious enough to warrant stopping play. Sportsmanship is fine and all but it's out of control when it's expected to give up an advantage because somebody is rolling around like a fanny only to be running around seconds after their team has the ball back.

If there is a serious injury then referees already have the discretion to stop play so treatment can be given, no need to kick the ball out anytime somebody hits the deck. The ball will eventually be out of play on it's own. If a team wants to put the ball out of play it should be given to the other team, that's their choice and they shouldn't automatically get the ball back.

Time wasting also needs more strict punishments in the game. It's getting ridiculous now when the dying minutes of a game are just players falling all over the place like they have been shot. I also think that an obvious dive in the box to win a penalty should be an automatic sending off like with the last man rule.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Ipswin
August 6, 2019, 8:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
God forbid but let's hope no Bristol City player or any of their opponents players suffer a compound fracture or similar.

That said Bristol's opponents may not adopt the same approach of course

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Gaffer58
August 6, 2019, 8:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Remember many years ago at the end the f a Sky game they would put statistics up, one was total game time, usually about 90 odd minutes, another was active game time, this was usually around 45 minutes, so basically the actual action was only around 45 minutes, if the ball is dead then he clock should be stopped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
chaos33
August 6, 2019, 8:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from ginnywings

So our star striker gets hacked down by a vicious tackle, and has to leave the pitch for 5 mins?

I didn’t know we had a ‘star striker’?! Nice one ☝️

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
August 6, 2019, 8:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

if hes hacked down the guilty player probably would be off for longer than 5 minutes with a Red card.
Reply: 18 - 33
RichMariner
August 6, 2019, 10:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Must admit, it frustrates me when one of Team A’s players goes down injured and they insist that Team B kick it out.

Team B kick it out and hey presto, less than a minute later Team A’s injures player is running round like Usain Bolt.

When I see a player on the floor rolling around in agony, I think about the times I’ve been in as much agony as that - like when I broke my leg, or when I got punched in the head in a brawl, so to me, if they’re down like that, I presume they need subbing.

Honestly, it boils my urine, all this dramatisation. In principle I agree with what Bristol City are doing. There’s no point kicking the ball out of play just so some soft twit can have a minute’s rest.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kicking the ball out of play

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.