5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
August 5, 2019, 7:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Les Brechin
Can't get my head around it, football's gone mad.

What an obscene amount of money.

What on earth could Town do with the money being spent on 1 player?

In reply to your original question, Les, we could pay off the "benign loans" and still have 22.5 pence left in the bank for re-investment?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
Abdul19
August 5, 2019, 7:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from jamesgtfc

That would be great! If he went to Peterborough like a lot of young, lower league talent for £500k with a 25% sell on before going to the Premier League for say £5m, we would get £1.125m as it is 25% of profit. Assuming Peterborough put in a 25% sell on clause and he then fetches £30m we would get a further £1.5m (25% of Peterborough's 25%).

With the money floating around it isn't unfeasible that one of our products lands us a healthy sum in a few years given a bit of good fortune.

Do you get a sell on on a sell on?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Abdul19
August 5, 2019, 7:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from hheh2
How much money have we made from Bogle? Wigan and Cardiff

Naff all from that move I think, as they only paid what Wigan did.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
golfer
August 5, 2019, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from hheh2
How much money have we made from Bogle? Wigan and Cardiff

All  "undisclosed "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
LH
August 5, 2019, 7:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Ipswin

Assuming of course that Barry Fry doesn't talk Fenty out of the sell on clause for £5 and a can of paint for the Main Stand

That’s unfair. Fry negotiated out of it by offering us a friendly so we could generate some income that way. And then offered free tickets for it to (just about the only people who bother with them) season ticket holders. 🤦‍♂️
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
jamesgtfc
August 5, 2019, 7:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Abdul19

Do you get a sell on on a sell on?

Yes as it all constitutes towards the fee received until there is a break in the chain such as the player being released.

Wigan made no profit on Bogle. If they have a sell on clause there is a possibility we could get a bit more but I doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
August 5, 2019, 7:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The good part of the Maguire deal is that the money actually stays in the English game. Most of the other PL deals this summer have been the equivalent of money laundering to foreign leagues. But the worst culprits are now in the Championship. Teams like Leeds and Norwich are buying in middling foreigners.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
jock dock tower
August 5, 2019, 8:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Norwich are in the Premiership, Ron!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Mighty_Mariner
August 5, 2019, 8:29pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
I see Dull are set to receive £9.4m as part of the Maguire to Utd deal and Sheff Utd will get £500k...not bad and you can see why sell on clauses are so important in today's market!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
Rik e B
August 5, 2019, 8:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from LH

That’s unfair. Fry negotiated out of it by offering us a friendly so we could generate some income that way. And then offered free tickets for it to (just about the only people who bother with them) season ticket holders. 🤦‍♂️

Not being funny but a friendly with Peterborough hardly whets the appetite to bring in vast swathes of additional income. I'm sure we could organise a friendly with somebody else from their division without forfeiting a release clause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Maguire

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.