August 3, 2019, 8:13pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
57.5 for a buy before today.

Have to say that I was hoping for a lower figure given that bookies had us down as one of faves for relegation.  That said, the improved front line plus improved Jolley D2 experience plus development of younger players should mean that we better last season's points total.
Thus a buy for me even at that price.

No doubt price has gone up following great win today, which helps me but not those taking a waiting brief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
buckstown
August 4, 2019, 5:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
What could possibly go wrong?
Sounds like last year when we won 3 games and loads of people piled in for a top half finish. I did take 66/1 (ew) but I won't get excited unless we're up there in February.
Hope you win though!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
ROKERITE
August 4, 2019, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from buckstown
What could possibly go wrong?
Sounds like last year when we won 3 games and loads of people piled in for a top half finish. I did take 66/1 (ew) but I won't get excited unless we're up there in February.
Hope you win though!!

I take your point though it was in February that not only a top-half finish but a play-off place seemed possible. It was March when the dreadful collapse began with only three points from nine matches.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
Limerick Mariner
August 4, 2019, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,691
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from paulgtfc
57.5 for a buy before today.

Have to say that I was hoping for a lower figure given that bookies had us down as one of faves for relegation.  That said, the improved front line plus improved Jolley D2 experience plus development of younger players should mean that we better last season's points total.
Thus a buy for me even at that price.

No doubt price has gone up following great win today, which helps me but not those taking a waiting brief.

SI prices don't tend to move much early on, maybe 0.5 or 1 point in the first week after a win. There is often more fluctuation before the first game as SI adjust prices to the flow of money. Town's price went up a couple of points before the Forest Green game last season - I wondered if MJ's old mates in the City were piling in behind him. Next week will be much more of an indication of where we are, disappointing result for Bradford yesterday against the 4th favourites for relegation. I've backed Plymouth of the relegated teams.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sporting Index - Town points

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.