This thread currently has 2,058 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Malta_Mariner_90
August 3, 2019, 7:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Thought I would start the a new thread here seeming as there are a good number of us iFollowers these days.

Decent first half which petered out a bit once the ref got his whistle working. I thought we looked the better side without looking like scoring.

Second half pretty average L2 fair, though after a nervy few minutes at the start of the half did not feel like Morecambe were going to score.

Then the comedy defending from the hosts, thank you very much. Then iFollow pretty much stopped working.

Overall I think we looked solid, hard working but as most pointed out in preseason not too much creativity. I think I would swap Wright for Rose against Bradford but other than that going to be hard to justify any other changes.

Town fans in fine voice as well which is always nice to hear on iFollow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rik e B
August 3, 2019, 7:58pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Max Wright banging the door down for heavy involvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
99agrant
August 4, 2019, 9:01am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
Our forward options are so much improved on last year!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Malta_Mariner_90
August 4, 2019, 9:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
I get the feeling Jolley is trying to protect Max a little, does not want to throw him in the deep end to quickly, but he looks class when I have seen him.

And forward line actually existed not just Thomas looking lonely. What really impressed me was Hanson running his nuts off in the 85th minute closing down their defenders and keeper. Him and Green really put a shift in pressing which really helped the midfield.

On iFollow was nice to have replays as well! Though I hope the poor feedback in the 2nd half will just be the usual teething problems they seem to have at the start of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Hagrid
August 4, 2019, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Morecambe without a doubt the biggest shithole ive ever been too. Disgusting. Sat in spoons this morning and then getting back to sunny Grimsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Davec
August 4, 2019, 9:50am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Hagrid
Morecambe without a doubt the biggest shithole ive ever been too. Disgusting. Sat in spoons this morning and then getting back to sunny Grimsby

I didn't think it was all that tbf, the away end was nice enough although a tiny alley way at the back of the terrace made it very tight! And the surrounding areas were alright, and a pleasant pub right at the entrance to the ground, I've been to a lot worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
Hagrid
August 4, 2019, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from Davec

I didn't think it was all that tbf, the away end was nice enough although a tiny alley way at the back of the terrace made it very tight! And the surrounding areas were alright, and a pleasant pub right at the entrance to the ground, I've been to a lot worse

Its vile. Town centre hotel everything. Urgh. But who cares we won didnt we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow - Just back thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.