Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 286 Guests

Town are above Scunny in the League

This thread currently has 82,306 views. Print
46 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
February 16, 2020, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from RonMariner
The Scunts have had a very good run over the last few years, but I suspect it's now going to be a case of:

'Tea breaks over lads, back on your heads......'

a great old joke that, I think a few of the younger generation will miss the comedy gold you just put up. For the younger generation see joke below, there are a few versions here's the one I remembered

A man goes to hell and the devil greets him. He takes him to a hallway which has three different doors and tell the man he'll have to choose one room to spend the rest of eternity in.

So he takes him to the first door and he opens it and it's the classic version, the evil-doers being engulfed by fire and brimstone. The man thought that would be pretty terrible to spend the rest of eternity and asked the devil to show him the second door.

Everyone in the second room are being devoured by wild beasts. The man thought that was even worse way to spend eternity so asks to see what's behind the 3rd door.

The devil takes him to the third door and in that room are politicians and they are up to their knees in dog excrement and drinking tea and eating cakes. The man thought that was pretty bad, but at least they could drink tea and eat cakes so he told the devil he chose the third room to spend the rest of eternity in. So the man, up to his knees in dog excrement, drank some tea and ate some cake. Then a few minutes later the devil came back into the room and said "tea break is over. Back on your heads."

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 400 - 452
Posh Harry
February 16, 2020, 8:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from jock dock tower

It's the conning that p1sses folk off. I think we can all agree that flair should be allowed to flourish without the likes of Norman Hunter or Chopper Harris trying to take your legs off. That said, players like Frank Worthington, Stan Bowles, Tony Currie, Charlie George did excite despite their unwarranted attention. Going back further, George Best was probably the single most exciting British football I've ever seen and he always guaranteed close attention of such defenders.

It's also shameful when you see players going down because their perm's been fractured, or clasping their faces when imaginary elbows are a long way away. It's not just conning the referee, it's conning their fellow professionals who they try to get sent off by their actions, and it cons the paying customer / fan who wants to see the best available but can't because of such frauds.

Bobby Cumming? Every day of the week for me. Nearest thing I ever came close to man love.

I completely  agree about the conning of the ref and dropping and holding faces etc, but var seems to have stopped a lot of that including diving in the box. Var has a long was to go before becoming the finished article, but there is much less of the above. Not gone completely but much better than it used to be imho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 401 - 452
KingstonMariner
February 17, 2020, 12:11am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Perm?! When was the last time you watched football Jock? Perms are old hat now. It’s all mullets these days.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 402 - 452
BIron
February 17, 2020, 4:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: -98
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from moosey_club
On the back of yesterdays "result" i hear that on Monday they are selling a special limited edition "We didnt lose" mug in the club shop ....

You know it's bad when you lot are starting to gloat!

Our game was called off one hour before kick off, absolute shambles.  No consideration for anybody at all.

I saw an interesting stat.  you codheads  have not even finished in the top half of the football league for the last 14 years never mind being above the Iron for the past 15 years.  On the flip side, I can see why you lot are gloating after that depressing statistic.  

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 403 - 452
MarshMariner
February 17, 2020, 4:58pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Yes and despite that I bet our home attendance has been greater..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 404 - 452
rancido
February 17, 2020, 6:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,445
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from BIron

Our game was called off one hour before kick off, absolute shambles.  No consideration for anybody at all.

I saw an interesting stat.  you codheads  have not even finished in the top half of the football league for the last 14 years never mind being above the Iron for the past 15 years.  On the flip side, I can see why you lot are gloating after that depressing statistic.  

UTI

Here's another statistic my ferrous fingered friend. Since your club was formed you have spent more time as a non - league club than we have since we were formed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 405 - 452
jock dock tower
February 17, 2020, 7:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Don't get too carried away, we have as yet not produced anyone of the likes of Kevin Keegan and Ray Clemence from our ranks?

We've also had to odd good signing from them, Killer Kilmore etc. It's not all bad there.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 406 - 452
Northbank Mariner
February 17, 2020, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from BIron

UTI

Don't be starting with that shite B..iron...we had enough of the idiot shoving 15 year stars down our throat..
You've been quite composed and articulate, reasoned and family balanced to date, don't ruin it now!!next you'll be giving it "the claret and blue wizards".🤣
And you think you had it bad going to Swindon and having it called it off last minute, Christ that's a short trip up the M1 compared to our game at Plymouth getting called off @lastminute.com.
Love the rivalry, the banter, the undoubted bitterness/loathing between our fans and as I've said before, I want that for next season, unfortunately I can see it being the last season for a while...can see us pulling away from you in league status over the coming years!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 407 - 452
February 17, 2020, 7:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from MarshMariner
Yes and despite that I bet our home attendance has been greater..

Which pretty much proves my w1lly Is bigger than yours*.

* According to Fishy logic.
Reply: 408 - 452
BIron
February 18, 2020, 9:11am
Beer Drinker
Approval: -98
Quoted from rancido

Here's another statistic my ferrous fingered friend. Since your club was formed you have spent more time as a non - league club than we have since we were formed.

Ferrous fingered? that sounds terribly wrong.  Fully aware of our history my fishy friend.  we're a small town that have punched above our weight for years. Grimsby  has a far bigger catchment area than what Scunny have.  

UTI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 409 - 452
46 Pages Prev ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Town are above Scunny in the League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.