Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 314 Guests

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

This thread currently has 3,898 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WesternMariner
August 2, 2019, 11:40pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +895
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from friskneymariner
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day till the end of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered,
We few,we happy few,
We band of brothers.

"I don't want to get any messages saying, 'I am holding my position.' We are not holding a goddamned thing. Let the Germans do that. We are advancing constantly and we are not interested in holding onto anything, except the enemy's balls. We are going to twist his balls and kick the living excrement out of him all of the time. Our basic plan of operation is to advance and to keep on advancing regardless of whether we have to go over, under, or through the enemy."

Not exactly Shakespeare but I thought a bit of General Patton was a suitable call to arms for my fellow Mariners. Let’s have a good un.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 18
Rodley Mariner
August 2, 2019, 11:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
It's the hope that kills you. My 6 year old said to
me, as he fell asleep last night: ' I'm pretty sure we're going to get promoted this season Daddy'. I hope that dream stll feel realistic this time tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 18
grimsby pete
August 2, 2019, 11:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
It would be boring if we won every game.much better not to know if we will win lose or draw.                                                 We are town and we will support the team whatever happens . Utm

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 18
scrumble
August 3, 2019, 12:27am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from grimsby pete
It would be boring if we won every game.

It would be nice if just once we could put that theory to the test

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 18
Rick12
August 3, 2019, 7:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
And that is why I prefer lower league football.More real and how football use to be when it use to rely on fans gate receipts as opposed to billionaire chairmen who pump in money from abroad giving clubs a unfair advantage.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 18
Rick12
August 3, 2019, 7:47am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
It would be boring if we won every game.much better not to know if we will win lose or draw.                                                
Like life Pete you cant win  all the time and its never a smooth ride for none for us ,for some more than others.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 18
jaygy
August 3, 2019, 9:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It's the hope that kills you. My 6 year old said to
me, as he fell asleep last night: ' I'm pretty sure we're going to get promoted this season Daddy'. I hope that dream stll feel realistic this time tomorrow.

My 4 year old is only interested in wearing her pink town shirt and whether there will be donkeys at the “new seaside” today 😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 18
buckstown
August 3, 2019, 10:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
I love the first day of the football season, even at my age I get excited by the prospect of success
Also by 17:00 tonight we’ll have a much clearer view of how the next 8 months of our lives are likely to pan out
Remember saying that to my son as we strolled to Cheltenham to see newells aces in2008!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 18
Rick12
August 3, 2019, 10:23am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
I love the first day of the football season,
Yes .I also love the first day of the world cups and European Championships.For me that is the pinnacle of a players career. Winning the world cup  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 18
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.