7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
August 1, 2019, 10:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I'd imagine we'll have a mid-range budget for the division so anything near the play-offs (hopefully sneaking into them) would be a good return.

The financial doping at the higher levels of the game (from dodgy oligarchs, dodgy royalty from the Middle East, dodgy businessmen from overseas) has quickly worked its way down to our level (and further down) so you can't really expect to be competing when there is nothing like a level playing field. Goalmouths apart, of course.  

There may only be a few clubs in the division with a bigger support than us this season, but there are several others which will be bankrolled way beyond the means of their fanbase. Given the signings we've made, I'm more confident that we might be able to make a push into the play-offs this year if we can avoid too many injuries and enough of the players hit form, but we'll be up against it when playing teams spending several times as much as us on players and wages.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
joe56
August 1, 2019, 10:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I think our creative midfielder may turn out to be Ogbu. On the evidence of. video clips/highlights, his main attribute appears to be the ability to play accurate through balls to men in space. He has the physical characteristics of a central striker, but I don’t think that will be his main game. It looks to me that he’s at his best playing wide on the left.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
Bignic69
August 1, 2019, 10:47am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Numanoid
I expect to see the Jolley babies playing a few games ,which would be good for the club

Jolley Tots  

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2019, 6:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
I think the fans expectations will be higher than the boards

Which boards are they, the ones at the back of the Main Stand?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.