7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
July 31, 2019, 10:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
I think we should be aiming for a top 22 finish !!!!!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 63
Grim up north
July 31, 2019, 11:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
Gold Stars: 1
Spot on Hackney. I've lost count of the amount of relegated teams from L1 that were too good to go down and slipped through to non league . County and Accrington are two examples were money isn't the be all and end all. We may well need a bit of quality adding but I'm comfortable that we will manage better this season.The dip off of form at the end of last season that the bookies have picked up on was our early safety combined with possibly bad apples within the squad that could've now moved on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 63
chaos33
July 31, 2019, 11:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,864
Gold Stars: 353
Who do you reckon the ‘bad apples’ were?

I think our general problem, since we returned to the league, has not been ‘bad apples’ but the prevalence of very average to below average players who have been relatively cheap so as to make a meagre budget plan for this level work. And we’ve scraped by.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 63
heppy88
July 31, 2019, 11:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Reading this thread is depressing. Survival, mid table, upper mid table. I'm surprised no-one has written " happy to consolidate" or " happy to see evidence of rebuilding" . What is wrong with EXPECTING a push for promotion? How can you maintain interest in a football club if your only aim is to survive and possibly achieve mid table? Fenty must be laughing as he is getting off the hook before the season has even started. Come on , start expecting more from our club and who knows they may just surprise us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 63
sydney
July 31, 2019, 11:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
I hope for 3rd from bottom
I dream of mid table
Players looking confident and looking like they know what is expected of them will also be good
Come on Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 63
TAGG
July 31, 2019, 11:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Top 7
Go up through play offs
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 63
KingstonMariner
August 1, 2019, 1:17am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from heppy88
Reading this thread is depressing. Survival, mid table, upper mid table. I'm surprised no-one has written " happy to consolidate" or " happy to see evidence of rebuilding" . What is wrong with EXPECTING a push for promotion? How can you maintain interest in a football club if your only aim is to survive and possibly achieve mid table? Fenty must be laughing as he is getting off the hook before the season has even started. Come on , start expecting more from our club and who knows they may just surprise us!

Nothing, but in our case it's more of a hope than an expectation.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 63
Rick12
August 1, 2019, 6:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from heppy88
Its being realistic as well.Times have changed since the maximum wage was abolished in football in 1961.Back then we had more of a chance.Now you have the likes of Salford  in league 2 backed by billionaire chairmen.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 63
monkeyboy
August 1, 2019, 7:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Something tells me the budget hasn't really gone up as promised unless Hanson and Green are on massive coin.
Think we are as fans fed a loads of bollox, far too much by the club and unfortunately looks like another struggle this year.
We as fans should due to the size and fan base of the club should at least be expecting a playoff finish but due to the inadequacies and iron grip on club of the current board we are looking urine poor again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 63
Rik e B
August 1, 2019, 7:09am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
What is wrong with expecting a playoff push is the fact we have a bottom half budget, sadly. Don't worry we'll only be treading water for 9 years with current board as Fenty claws back 200k each Season. That's not long to wait right?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.