sam gy
July 31, 2019, 1:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Yes to a certain extent, but am i the only one who feels a growing sense of not being that welcome as a Male Supporter?

Yes.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
diehardmariner
July 31, 2019, 2:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Yes to a certain extent, but am i the only one who feels a growing sense of not being that welcome as a Male Supporter?

I think you're perhaps looking too deep into the problem.

It's not because you're a man.  It's because you're a supporter.   The club, as a whole and not the vast majority of their employees, have this bizarre customer service trait to make you feel like they're doing you a favour by supporting the club.  

Whilst this is a football club that we all hold dear to our hearts, it is a business.  A business in the entertainment sector which relies on repeat trade for the vast bulk of its income.  If you want to retain that repeat trade you have to ensure that the customer is satisfied.  There's absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction coming from success so you look at it in other ways, primarily customer service. Equally so our facilities are, at best, poor.  The infrastructure of the ground is what it is, very dated.  You can only work with that so much.  What can you do to make that customer feel valued?  Telling them to shut up, calling them bullies and labelling them as hooligans isn't the way to go about it.  

Until we get this right, we can forget about moving forward.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
lew chaterleys lover
July 31, 2019, 2:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from diehardmariner

I think you're perhaps looking too deep into the problem.

It's not because you're a man.  It's because you're a supporter.   The club, as a whole and not the vast majority of their employees, have this bizarre customer service trait to make you feel like they're doing you a favour by supporting the club.  

Whilst this is a football club that we all hold dear to our hearts, it is a business.  A business in the entertainment sector which relies on repeat trade for the vast bulk of its income.  If you want to retain that repeat trade you have to ensure that the customer is satisfied.  There's absolutely no guarantee of satisfaction coming from success so you look at it in other ways, primarily customer service. Equally so our facilities are, at best, poor.  The infrastructure of the ground is what it is, very dated.  You can only work with that so much.  What can you do to make that customer feel valued?  Telling them to shut up, calling them bullies and labelling them as hooligans isn't the way to go about it.  

Until we get this right, we can forget about moving forward.

The ONLY way we will move forwards is in the event of a takeover. The current regime have made too many errors, made too many enemies for the situation to be rectified.

Even if we do better on the field, all the underlying problems will remain off it so the chances of us progressing as a club are very slim without the takeover.

I suppose the bond between the club and its supporters is a bit like a marriage; most marriages can survive the odd bust up, but this has been 18 years of unreasonable behaviour on the club's part so I think we are due a new partner and a fresh start and a positive future. I hope for that at least, but it would nice if someone in authority could tell us the lastest position.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2019, 4:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Dale and the Club may be right in that we have an element of idiots, but what club doesnt?  Im way past the bovver boot age, but it felt that targets were being created.

Get the feeling that they would swap me after 47 years of support for one season of a family of 4.....

Another conspiracy nut? What evidence is there that the club are specifically being unwelcoming to men?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kelly Billings article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.