2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2019, 2:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
On Codalmighty was all you need to know. Very good.

I for one am chuffed to bits that she feels like that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Boys Paddock
July 31, 2019, 2:36am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Yes to a certain extent, but am i the only one who feels a growing sense of not being that welcome as a Male Supporter?

Dale and the Club may be right in that we have an element of idiots, but what club doesnt?  Im way past the bovver boot age, but it felt that targets were being created.

Get the feeling that they would swap me after 47 years of support for one season of a family of 4.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Grantley
July 31, 2019, 6:36am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Yes to a certain extent, but am i the only one who feels a growing sense of not being that welcome as a Male Supporter?

Dale and the Club may be right in that we have an element of idiots, but what club doesnt?  Im way past the bovver boot age, but it felt that targets were being created.

Get the feeling that they would swap me after 47 years of support for one season of a family of 4.....

Going off most of your posts, I probably would as well

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
barralad
July 31, 2019, 7:59am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
She is called Kelly. Might be polite to change the title of the thread?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 31, 2019, 8:44am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

You are right. They would. It is all part and parcel of moves to change the face of the game away from being the working class man’s relaxation to being a popcorn selling family outing as with US football, baseball and now soccer. Our football is slowly but surely being moved into the commercial arena which is all about image. The bonus is that such a move automatically reduces the likelihood of violence, racism, homophobia ..... at games. In 20/30 years time the English pro game will be unrecognisable. That may be seen as a good thing but the motives are not as pearly white as they seem because the whole shebang is driven from the top down by the PL and the money behind the PL. It is a world of franchises and global incomes. The likes of Grimsby Town are small fry in this. We will be what is known in the US as Little League.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
1mickylyons
July 31, 2019, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from barralad

After such a fantastic letter I dare say she is being called something quite different in the corridors of power bless her
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2019, 9:20am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barralad

It's not a question of manners old boy. Simple error.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
promotion plaice
July 31, 2019, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

Very good, the actual article:       http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7201

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Rik e B
July 31, 2019, 10:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
When do you ever hear of a ruckus inside BP? It's a great point by her that the only time in recent memory being against Port Vale where the Club (read: Stadium Manager) failed in overseeing safety protocols to ensure fan's could not get at each other.

And as such were fined.

Take a look in the mirror Nick, if this was say a Minister speaking derogitarily about his constituents say he would be forced to resign. Not only do us fan's have little to no faith in him, he has also served to stir up the hornets nest and potentially provide a catalyst to the kind of toxicity he thinks is so prevalent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
gtfc98
July 31, 2019, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65

Give your head a wobble pal.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kelly Billings article

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.