4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
July 29, 2019, 7:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Theres an article in the get online, sorry cant link on my phone..... where to start?!?!

Some selected points :

I didn't know we had a Supporter Behaviour Panel
The language used
Any involvement by the trust?
The timing of the article
The article itself fails to question police or stewarding at all, so unbalanced.  Doesn't mention stevenage or fgr or fans organisations etc

Argggh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
July 29, 2019, 7:48am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
As always the standard of journalism of the G.E.T. is abysmal.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
ska face
July 29, 2019, 8:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,567
Gold Stars: 839
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/battle-rid-grimsby-town-hooligans-3132450

Couple of questions -

1) is Nick Dale for real or is he on a constant wind-up?

2) which idiot at BP decided to send him out 5 days before the start of the season to tell the whole town it isn’t safe for families?

I mean I’ve seen some stupid stuff in my time, but sending this meat-head out to do his “look at me” pose, talking about weighted gloves and GTFC being the “one club” in the entire football league that fans are afraid to visit. In fact, read it here in all its glory -

”Grimsby Town is the one club in the English Football League that people don't want to play because it comes at a cost. The one club they do not want visiting is Grimsby Town because of such a small minority”

Are you actually on this planet? WHY would you EVER say that in the press even if it was true - where’s the evidence to make such a ridiculous claim?

If the club were actually serious about cutting policing costs, then they could do something proactive like sitting down with Humberside police and looking at best practice from across Europe where many matches go police free. Sunderland & Newcastle have done it, SYP are doing it (https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....h-football-criticism), I’m sure the club and Humberside Police could put their collective 3 brain cells together and work out a way of managing 5000 people when we play Mansfield.

I really feel sorry for the people that volunteered their time and covered costs out of their own pocket to put on yesterday’s Community Day, only for all their efforts to be washed away by Dale and the rest of the circus less than 24 hours later. Pathetic.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Once again the fantastic supporters of GTFC are being demonized without real cause. The idle local rag uses images from 2016 showing in the main Sheff Utd supporters . Nick Dale comes out with his bile yet on his watch how many incidents actually inside Blundell Park have we had ? In my opinion they are getting there ducks lined up prior to any carnage at games versus Bradford and Scunny because they dont have the resources or intelligence to counter it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 29, 2019, 8:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Do Scunthorpe and Hull have a seaside next door with pubs that will serve gorillas with neat alcohol?

I read this disgrace of an article and the damage Dic k  Nale does to his own club is unbelievable. Trouble at GTFC has for years been associated with a lads’ day out to Meggies. Trouble in the ground has been negligible. If the club does not attract families then it is because it is not attractive to families.

Unfortunately the Daily Mirror does not allow comments on articles in the GT anymore but the writer is Peter Craig and he can be emailed. A deluge from decent supporters would be in order.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Hagrid
July 29, 2019, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Nick dale out. Now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2019, 8:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
This Nick Dale character seems to think he's got all the answers ,id say he miserably failed looking after law abiding paying customers when we played port vale by allowing them to attack a family stand .why would the club put out this type of statement days before the season starts to encourage last minute season ticket sales ?? Yet again another disaster from gtfc pr department lol we need change so so badly , from fenty to this Dale nobody they all need ousting
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Hagrid
July 29, 2019, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
He’s an arrogant fool. Thrives on creating a wedge between club and support. And he’s a shoe in for twit of the week as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Do Scunthorpe and Hull have a seaside next door with pubs that will serve gorillas with neat alcohol?

I read this disgrace of an article and the damage Dic k  Nale does to his own club is unbelievable. Trouble at GTFC has for years been associated with a lads’ day out to Meggies. Trouble in the ground has been negligible. If the club does not attract families then it is because it is not attractive to families.

Unfortunately the Daily Mirror does not allow comments on articles in the GT anymore but the writer is Peter Craig and he can be emailed. A deluge from decent supporters would be in order.

It really is a disgraceful article and it will do untold damage to the image of the Club and Town in terms of visiting supporters and more importantly attracting families . A person doing Nick Dale`s job if the problem is such as he describes should surely be finding a way of engaging with these problem supporters to disuade them and then using the ban if that fails . Mark my words the jungle drums are banging loud and clear ahead of Bradford`s visit and they know they will struggle to contain the 2 sets of risk supporters plus a 7k crowd.THAT IS EMBARRASSING.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:55am
Special Brew Drinker
This is a typical GTFC thug planning an away trip to Morecambe how awful it must be to host this type of yob and associates

quote=26935]I’m taking my 4 year old daughter for her first away game and then staying overnight in Bay Horse before a day at Blackpool zoo, hopefully it’ll be a good weekend all round and one to remember for her first away trip[/quote]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
gtfc98
July 29, 2019, 8:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Everyone knows that there is a minority of idiots. But why are the telegraph giving Nick Dale, who is quite frankly a clown, a platform for this negativity on the eve of the season? There's a time and a place guys...

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2019, 8:58am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

It really is a disgraceful article and it will do untold damage to the image of the Club and Town in terms of visiting supporters and more importantly attracting families . A person doing Nick Dale`s job if the problem is such as he describes should surely be finding a way of engaging with these problem supporters to disuade them and then using the ban if that fails . Mark my words the jungle drums are banging loud and clear ahead of Bradford`s visit and they know they will struggle to contain the 2 sets of risk supporters plus a 7k crowd.THAT IS EMBARRASSING.

Who let him talk to the telegraph, did the powers that be think it was a good time to release such excrement...like you say embarrassing and in truth he knows Bradford will run on the pitch get drunk in clee and generally play up .looks to me this is more about him than anything
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 9:00am
Special Brew Drinker
I think the MT and FOTF should both be sticking out a strongly worded statement condemming this article and Mr Dale`s views. I won`t hold my breath...........

Boy do we need change at this Club and quickly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 9:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Who let him talk to the telegraph, did the powers that be think it was a good time to release such excrement...like you say embarrassing and in truth he knows Bradford will run on the pitch get drunk in clee and generally play up .looks to me this is more about him than anything

The cynic in me wonders what articles like this are designed for ? Possibly to get more resource for the Bradford game possibly to highlight to any takeover parties that GTFC fans are particularly toxic rather than helpful? Who knows but I`m pretty drunk off and my decision not to renew my season ticket due to the regime continues to look like common sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
NorthseaMariner
July 29, 2019, 9:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,515
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I think the MT and FOTF should both be sticking out a strongly worded statement condemming this article and Mr Dale`s views. I won`t hold my breath...........

Boy do we need change at this Club and quickly.

Please excuse my ignorance, but MT and FOTF. What does it mean?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
NorthseaMariner
July 29, 2019, 9:09am
Fine Wine Drinker
Ah Mariners Trust, figured that on. 😎
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
promotion plaice
July 29, 2019, 9:41am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The cynic in me wonders what articles like this are designed for ? Possibly to get more resource for the Bradford game possibly to highlight to any takeover parties that GTFC fans are particularly toxic rather than helpful? Who knows but I`m pretty drunk off and my decision not to renew my season ticket due to the regime continues to look like common sense.

Seeing as you've brought it up I also didn't renew my season ticket, pay as you go for me for now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
MuddyWaters
July 29, 2019, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
More Dickensian twaddle from the club.

You're supposed to encourage people to come to Costa del Cleethorpes! And to think that our major shareholder is Deputy Leader for the council that the bloke is talking about!

It beggars belief - beyond words!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
headingly_mariner
July 29, 2019, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
It’s not a good message being sent out from the club. At best it is a clumsy attempt to warn those who may be involved in trouble at the Bradford game.

To suggest that our own ground is not safe or welcoming to families is crazy. It’s full of antiquated thinking, it’s a real shame this is the image the club is selling of the fans and it’s not an accurate one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 11:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner
It’s not a good message being sent out from the club. At best it is a clumsy attempt to warn those who may be involved in trouble at the Bradford game.

To suggest that our own ground is not safe or welcoming to families is crazy. It’s full of antiquated thinking, it’s a real shame this is the image the club is selling of the fans and it’s not an accurate one.

Spot on when the alternative should have been to welcome the Bradford fans to Cleethorpes and get them spending money locally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
RichMariner
July 29, 2019, 11:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
Dale thinks he's highlighting problems but what he's really doing is highlighting his own inability over the years to get any measure of control of these situations by using modern, forward-thinking practices.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 11:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

Please excuse my ignorance, but MT and FOTF. What does it mean?

Mariners Trust & Fans of the future both independent bodies of supporters trying to engage and make a difference who have put in a lot of time and effort to repair relations between Club and fans. Todays BS article will have undone most of the good work done over the Summer Nick Dale needs to retract that article and apologize or be sacked for his undermining of the Club and it`s supporters.In the event his comments had some validity why do ONLY GTFC have a 40% re offending statistic because I would argue that is purely down to his bad management?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 11:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Seeing as you've brought it up I also didn't renew my season ticket, pay as you go for me for now.

Sadly we are not alone . The day the regime changes I will be renewing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
NorthseaMariner
July 29, 2019, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Mariners Trust & Fans of the future both independent bodies of supporters trying to engage and make a difference who have put in a lot of time and effort to repair relations between Club and fans. Todays BS article will have undone most of the good work done over the Summer Nick Dale needs to retract that article and apologize or be sacked for his undermining of the Club and it`s supporters.In the event his comments had some validity why do ONLY GTFC have a 40% re offending statistic because I would argue that is purely down to his bad management?

Thanks for clarifying that Mick, and for what it’s worth, I agree with you totally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Malta_Mariner_90
July 29, 2019, 11:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Once again the fantastic supporters of GTFC are being demonized without real cause. The idle local rag uses images from 2016 showing in the main Sheff Utd supporters . Nick Dale comes out with his bile yet on his watch how many incidents actually inside Blundell Park have we had ? In my opinion they are getting there ducks lined up prior to any carnage at games versus Bradford and Scunny because they dont have the resources or intelligence to counter it.

This is so frustrating. Most of the incidents that have occurred in recent times have often involved people who are not even going to the game let alone being Town fans!

After the Huddersfield home game in the FA Cup in 2014 me and my mate were walking back to his car when we encountered a frothing at the mouth middle aged bloke who was on his phone to another probably equally frothing at the mouth bloke declaring "he could not wait to kick Yorkshire twits head in". We were wearing our Town tops so he ignored us, but it was clear he had not been anywhere near Blundell park for the game and had we of said anything he would have had a go. Yet we are demonized for it this sort of behavior.

I cannot think of many other examples in British society where the majority are still condemned by the action of the few, often who are not even football fans at all.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

This is so frustrating. Most of the incidents that have occurred in recent times have often involved people who are not even going to the game let alone being Town fans!

After the Huddersfield home game in the FA Cup in 2014 me and my mate were walking back to his car when we encountered a frothing at the mouth middle aged bloke who was on his phone to another probably equally frothing at the mouth bloke declaring "he could not wait to kick Yorkshire twits head in". We were wearing our Town tops so he ignored us, but it was clear he had not been anywhere near Blundell park for the game and had we of said anything he would have had a go. Yet we are demonized for it this sort of behavior.

I cannot think of many other examples in British society where the majority are still condemned by the action of the few, often who are not even football fans at all.    

Hundreds of Town fans many of whom I know are planning on going to Morecambe I have not seen a single one suggest they were travelling other than to enjoy there weekend and support the team . They will pour thousands of pounds into Morecambe on the day in pubs and eateries and I dare say the locals will be delighted and I would be surprised if there are more than a couple of arrests for drunk and disorderly out of around 1k travelling fans.Most Bradford fans would have come to Clps with the same mentality a week later now having read that any Mum or Dad who was coming with youngsters will be demanding a refund.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Grantham_Mariner
July 29, 2019, 12:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50

Could not agree more.

Father, Son & Grandson treated like dirt at more than one away game. All because of a few idiots.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Could not agree more.

Father, Son & Grandson treated like dirt at more than one away game. All because of a few idiots.

Nick Dale`s one who are the others
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Malta_Mariner_90
July 29, 2019, 12:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Hundreds of Town fans many of whom I know are planning on going to Morecambe I have not seen a single one suggest they were travelling other than to enjoy there weekend and support the team . They will pour thousands of pounds into Morecambe on the day in pubs and eateries and I dare say the locals will be delighted and I would be surprised if there are more than a couple of arrests for drunk and disorderly out of around 1k travelling fans.Most Bradford fans would have come to Clps with the same mentality a week later now having read that any Mum or Dad who was coming with youngsters will be demanding a refund.

Exactly, like 99.99% of the fans we have, all we care about is having a good day out and supporting the team. You always get idiots but that is not just restricted to football.

I mean look at the headline in the telegraph FFS:

The battle to rid Grimsby Town of its hooligans - including a 68-year-old pensioner - and the strict new restrictions the club wants

Click bait balderdash by an amateur outfit.  

The worst thing is it is reporting like this and simply ridiculous notions by individuals like Nick Dale that lead to incidents like Stevenage away.

This creation of a "reputation for hooliganism" which is being stoked by the GT today will lead to more days like that one away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker

Exactly, like 99.99% of the fans we have, all we care about is having a good day out and supporting the team. You always get idiots but that is not just restricted to football.

I mean look at the headline in the telegraph FFS:

The battle to rid Grimsby Town of its hooligans - including a 68-year-old pensioner - and the strict new restrictions the club wants

Click bait balderdash by an amateur outfit.  

Grimsby Town like most Clubs have had so called hooligans attached to them for 50 years yet none of the other 91 football league clubs felt the need to speak out hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 1:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
The Trust have responded.

The Mariners Trust are aware of an article published on today's Grimsby Live website.
We are deeply disappointed not just with the tone of the article but also the glaring misrepresentations it contains.
The Mariners Trust remain implaccably opposed to all forms of hooliganism and support the use of all the legal powers available to deal with the perpetrators.
As a supporters trust we would much rather concentrate on the 99% of decent, law abiding Grimsby Town supporters who are a pleasure to represent. We do not recognise the description of Blundell Park as a place that families cannot visit safely and we will continue to make all law abiding supporters of Grimsby Town and our visitors welcome in the facilities that we have the honour to manage.
We will also continue to support our amazing away fans as they continue to provide dedicated, loyal support along the length and breadth of England.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 31
FishOutOfWater
July 29, 2019, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The Trust have responded.

The Mariners Trust are aware of an article published on today's Grimsby Live website.
We are deeply disappointed not just with the tone of the article but also the glaring misrepresentations it contains.
The Mariners Trust remain implaccably opposed to all forms of hooliganism and support the use of all the legal powers available to deal with the perpetrators.
As a supporters trust we would much rather concentrate on the 99% of decent, law abiding Grimsby Town supporters who are a pleasure to represent. We do not recognise the description of Blundell Park as a place that families cannot visit safely and we will continue to make all law abiding supporters of Grimsby Town and our visitors welcome in the facilities that we have the honour to manage.
We will also continue to support our amazing away fans as they continue to provide dedicated, loyal support along the length and breadth of England.

It's all well and good the Trust stating a case on behalf of us much maligned fans

While I appreciate them providing some kind of balance here, I will wait for the official club statement to be issued, hopefully retracting all the spurious allegations Nick Dale has come up with...

Guess though I shouldn't hold my breath in between times?  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporter Behaviour Panel

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.