4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
July 29, 2019, 11:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Dale thinks he's highlighting problems but what he's really doing is highlighting his own inability over the years to get any measure of control of these situations by using modern, forward-thinking practices.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 11:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

Please excuse my ignorance, but MT and FOTF. What does it mean?

Mariners Trust & Fans of the future both independent bodies of supporters trying to engage and make a difference who have put in a lot of time and effort to repair relations between Club and fans. Todays BS article will have undone most of the good work done over the Summer Nick Dale needs to retract that article and apologize or be sacked for his undermining of the Club and it`s supporters.In the event his comments had some validity why do ONLY GTFC have a 40% re offending statistic because I would argue that is purely down to his bad management?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 11:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Seeing as you've brought it up I also didn't renew my season ticket, pay as you go for me for now.

Sadly we are not alone . The day the regime changes I will be renewing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
NorthseaMariner
July 29, 2019, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Mariners Trust & Fans of the future both independent bodies of supporters trying to engage and make a difference who have put in a lot of time and effort to repair relations between Club and fans. Todays BS article will have undone most of the good work done over the Summer Nick Dale needs to retract that article and apologize or be sacked for his undermining of the Club and it`s supporters.In the event his comments had some validity why do ONLY GTFC have a 40% re offending statistic because I would argue that is purely down to his bad management?

Thanks for clarifying that Mick, and for what it’s worth, I agree with you totally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
Malta_Mariner_90
July 29, 2019, 11:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Once again the fantastic supporters of GTFC are being demonized without real cause. The idle local rag uses images from 2016 showing in the main Sheff Utd supporters . Nick Dale comes out with his bile yet on his watch how many incidents actually inside Blundell Park have we had ? In my opinion they are getting there ducks lined up prior to any carnage at games versus Bradford and Scunny because they dont have the resources or intelligence to counter it.

This is so frustrating. Most of the incidents that have occurred in recent times have often involved people who are not even going to the game let alone being Town fans!

After the Huddersfield home game in the FA Cup in 2014 me and my mate were walking back to his car when we encountered a frothing at the mouth middle aged bloke who was on his phone to another probably equally frothing at the mouth bloke declaring "he could not wait to kick Yorkshire twits head in". We were wearing our Town tops so he ignored us, but it was clear he had not been anywhere near Blundell park for the game and had we of said anything he would have had a go. Yet we are demonized for it this sort of behavior.

I cannot think of many other examples in British society where the majority are still condemned by the action of the few, often who are not even football fans at all.    

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

This is so frustrating. Most of the incidents that have occurred in recent times have often involved people who are not even going to the game let alone being Town fans!

After the Huddersfield home game in the FA Cup in 2014 me and my mate were walking back to his car when we encountered a frothing at the mouth middle aged bloke who was on his phone to another probably equally frothing at the mouth bloke declaring "he could not wait to kick Yorkshire twits head in". We were wearing our Town tops so he ignored us, but it was clear he had not been anywhere near Blundell park for the game and had we of said anything he would have had a go. Yet we are demonized for it this sort of behavior.

I cannot think of many other examples in British society where the majority are still condemned by the action of the few, often who are not even football fans at all.    

Hundreds of Town fans many of whom I know are planning on going to Morecambe I have not seen a single one suggest they were travelling other than to enjoy there weekend and support the team . They will pour thousands of pounds into Morecambe on the day in pubs and eateries and I dare say the locals will be delighted and I would be surprised if there are more than a couple of arrests for drunk and disorderly out of around 1k travelling fans.Most Bradford fans would have come to Clps with the same mentality a week later now having read that any Mum or Dad who was coming with youngsters will be demanding a refund.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
Grantham_Mariner
July 29, 2019, 12:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,183
Gold Stars: 51

Could not agree more.

Father, Son & Grandson treated like dirt at more than one away game. All because of a few idiots.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Could not agree more.

Father, Son & Grandson treated like dirt at more than one away game. All because of a few idiots.

Nick Dale`s one who are the others
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Malta_Mariner_90
July 29, 2019, 12:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Hundreds of Town fans many of whom I know are planning on going to Morecambe I have not seen a single one suggest they were travelling other than to enjoy there weekend and support the team . They will pour thousands of pounds into Morecambe on the day in pubs and eateries and I dare say the locals will be delighted and I would be surprised if there are more than a couple of arrests for drunk and disorderly out of around 1k travelling fans.Most Bradford fans would have come to Clps with the same mentality a week later now having read that any Mum or Dad who was coming with youngsters will be demanding a refund.

Exactly, like 99.99% of the fans we have, all we care about is having a good day out and supporting the team. You always get idiots but that is not just restricted to football.

I mean look at the headline in the telegraph FFS:

The battle to rid Grimsby Town of its hooligans - including a 68-year-old pensioner - and the strict new restrictions the club wants

Click bait balderdash by an amateur outfit.  

The worst thing is it is reporting like this and simply ridiculous notions by individuals like Nick Dale that lead to incidents like Stevenage away.

This creation of a "reputation for hooliganism" which is being stoked by the GT today will lead to more days like that one away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker

Exactly, like 99.99% of the fans we have, all we care about is having a good day out and supporting the team. You always get idiots but that is not just restricted to football.

I mean look at the headline in the telegraph FFS:

The battle to rid Grimsby Town of its hooligans - including a 68-year-old pensioner - and the strict new restrictions the club wants

Click bait balderdash by an amateur outfit.  

Grimsby Town like most Clubs have had so called hooligans attached to them for 50 years yet none of the other 91 football league clubs felt the need to speak out hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporter Behaviour Panel

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.