4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
July 29, 2019, 7:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Theres an article in the get online, sorry cant link on my phone..... where to start?!?!

Some selected points :

I didn't know we had a Supporter Behaviour Panel
The language used
Any involvement by the trust?
The timing of the article
The article itself fails to question police or stewarding at all, so unbalanced.  Doesn't mention stevenage or fgr or fans organisations etc

Argggh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
friskneymariner
July 29, 2019, 7:48am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
As always the standard of journalism of the G.E.T. is abysmal.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
ska face
July 29, 2019, 8:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,523
Gold Stars: 831
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/battle-rid-grimsby-town-hooligans-3132450

Couple of questions -

1) is Nick Dale for real or is he on a constant wind-up?

2) which idiot at BP decided to send him out 5 days before the start of the season to tell the whole town it isn’t safe for families?

I mean I’ve seen some stupid stuff in my time, but sending this meat-head out to do his “look at me” pose, talking about weighted gloves and GTFC being the “one club” in the entire football league that fans are afraid to visit. In fact, read it here in all its glory -

”Grimsby Town is the one club in the English Football League that people don't want to play because it comes at a cost. The one club they do not want visiting is Grimsby Town because of such a small minority”

Are you actually on this planet? WHY would you EVER say that in the press even if it was true - where’s the evidence to make such a ridiculous claim?

If the club were actually serious about cutting policing costs, then they could do something proactive like sitting down with Humberside police and looking at best practice from across Europe where many matches go police free. Sunderland & Newcastle have done it, SYP are doing it (https://www.theguardian.com/fo.....h-football-criticism), I’m sure the club and Humberside Police could put their collective 3 brain cells together and work out a way of managing 5000 people when we play Mansfield.

I really feel sorry for the people that volunteered their time and covered costs out of their own pocket to put on yesterday’s Community Day, only for all their efforts to be washed away by Dale and the rest of the circus less than 24 hours later. Pathetic.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:03am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Once again the fantastic supporters of GTFC are being demonized without real cause. The idle local rag uses images from 2016 showing in the main Sheff Utd supporters . Nick Dale comes out with his bile yet on his watch how many incidents actually inside Blundell Park have we had ? In my opinion they are getting there ducks lined up prior to any carnage at games versus Bradford and Scunny because they dont have the resources or intelligence to counter it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 29, 2019, 8:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Do Scunthorpe and Hull have a seaside next door with pubs that will serve gorillas with neat alcohol?

I read this disgrace of an article and the damage Dic k  Nale does to his own club is unbelievable. Trouble at GTFC has for years been associated with a lads’ day out to Meggies. Trouble in the ground has been negligible. If the club does not attract families then it is because it is not attractive to families.

Unfortunately the Daily Mirror does not allow comments on articles in the GT anymore but the writer is Peter Craig and he can be emailed. A deluge from decent supporters would be in order.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
Hagrid
July 29, 2019, 8:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 527
Nick dale out. Now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
dapperz fun pub
July 29, 2019, 8:47am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
This Nick Dale character seems to think he's got all the answers ,id say he miserably failed looking after law abiding paying customers when we played port vale by allowing them to attack a family stand .why would the club put out this type of statement days before the season starts to encourage last minute season ticket sales ?? Yet again another disaster from gtfc pr department lol we need change so so badly , from fenty to this Dale nobody they all need ousting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
Hagrid
July 29, 2019, 8:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,343
Gold Stars: 527
He’s an arrogant fool. Thrives on creating a wedge between club and support. And he’s a shoe in for twit of the week as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Do Scunthorpe and Hull have a seaside next door with pubs that will serve gorillas with neat alcohol?

I read this disgrace of an article and the damage Dic k  Nale does to his own club is unbelievable. Trouble at GTFC has for years been associated with a lads’ day out to Meggies. Trouble in the ground has been negligible. If the club does not attract families then it is because it is not attractive to families.

Unfortunately the Daily Mirror does not allow comments on articles in the GT anymore but the writer is Peter Craig and he can be emailed. A deluge from decent supporters would be in order.

It really is a disgraceful article and it will do untold damage to the image of the Club and Town in terms of visiting supporters and more importantly attracting families . A person doing Nick Dale`s job if the problem is such as he describes should surely be finding a way of engaging with these problem supporters to disuade them and then using the ban if that fails . Mark my words the jungle drums are banging loud and clear ahead of Bradford`s visit and they know they will struggle to contain the 2 sets of risk supporters plus a 7k crowd.THAT IS EMBARRASSING.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
1mickylyons
July 29, 2019, 8:55am
Special Brew Drinker
This is a typical GTFC thug planning an away trip to Morecambe how awful it must be to host this type of yob and associates

quote=26935]I’m taking my 4 year old daughter for her first away game and then staying overnight in Bay Horse before a day at Blackpool zoo, hopefully it’ll be a good weekend all round and one to remember for her first away trip[/quote]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporter Behaviour Panel

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.