4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
July 30, 2019, 1:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Pringles never really impressed me. There is certainly a player there, but for us we need quick wingers to fit with the rest of the squad. Thought Pringle would do a better job in central midfield
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
Malta_Mariner_90
July 30, 2019, 1:18pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Nutsy
Pringles never really impressed me. There is certainly a player there, but for us we need quick wingers to fit with the rest of the squad. Thought Pringle would do a better job in central midfield

I know what you mean. He fitted the term drifited in and out of games for sure. But he was on good form at Tranmere and was pretty influential in their promotion.

Would never have him in centre mid myself though, far too weak.

Maybe behind a front two but not in the engine room?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
toontown
July 30, 2019, 6:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,270
Gold Stars: 70
Pringle is a wide midfielder rather than a winger if u know what I mean. Doesn't beat a man, his crosses are from a static position usually. Good crosser of the ball tho. Not impossible he would feed Hanson well, but not sure how I would feel about him coming back as he was part of what was a very feeble attack for us last season creatively. Just maybe that was due to not having players that thrived on his type of play?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
AussieMariner
July 30, 2019, 7:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
His left foot is a wand - we probably just didn’t have the forwards to take advantage so he would probably be more effective this season especially with Hanson in there.
Downsides were when he played on the right he was very predictable as he always had to cut inside to get it on his left, and defensively was quite weak. I’m sure we dropped a few points due to his defensive lapses including his first game away at Stevenage.
So on balance I’m hoping for better this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
KingstonMariner
July 31, 2019, 1:57am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from chaos33
Good point actually KM, I had in my mind he was 19/20 so yeah, even more of a case for him playing. I’d like to see him start certain games or to be used more than he has from the bench as I think his asserts, particularly late in games against tiring or booked defenders will cause problems.

I remember this because he's about the same age as my son*. Same school year. So it makes it easy to remember.

* About time he started to deliver too the lazy student sodomist

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 4-4-2

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.