Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
Quoted from Biccys

Genuinely LOL'd. Brilliant.

This.

I have time for women's football. I enjoyed the women's World Cup. The town I'm in now (Wellington, Somerset) has a ladies team and 6 age groups of women teams which is amazing for a town of our size. I was on the fa level 1 course with my friends younger sister, she put a lot of the blokes on their arses in the games we played on the course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
July 30, 2019, 7:20am
Guest User
What league will they be playing in?
Do they have a squad list yet?
Reply: 11 - 14
Hameln Mariner
July 30, 2019, 7:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
I went to watch the game as it was just around the corner from me and Junior Hameln Mariner is a ST holder and loves all things GTFC. GTFC ladies have some very good players and some who have more commitment than ability but they all seemed to enjoy themselves and it was good that they came over to the fans/families at the end and let it know that they appreciated that they had some support. Good to see that not everyone at GTFC has been coached from the Stadium Manger school of PR.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
lobsterpot
July 30, 2019, 5:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from 139881
What league will they be playing in?
Do they have a squad list yet?

They will play in the Lincs League which is the same League that Clee Town Ladies won last season. I was at the game on Sunday and no one knew what to expect in terms of the opposition. Without being disrespectful, town hammered them. We have an immense captain at centreback and even she got a hattrick, none were headers! The back 4 were running through and going it alone themselves as it was that easy to beat a (wo)man. Town were very fit compared to Barton. They use the same training methods as the fellas so i would expect this. They have a couple of trickier looking friendlies coming up in Preston and Lincoln i believe where they will hopefully find their level against better opposition and stop the girls from getting carried away. I must also add that the best goal of the game came from Barton so they did play their part! Alot better to watch than i thought but it's easy to say when they were that dominent. As stated above, support is greatly appreciated, especially when they start the league campaign, weather you agree with women's footy or not, it's town so i'm in!

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
lobsterpot
July 30, 2019, 6:02pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Just wanted to add, please don't think it was 1 player getting the ball and running all the way like Charlie Charles Charles in the 40's. They played the way they were facing and knocked easy balls back to full bacls, passed it accurately to feet when needed and put in some decent crosses and corners. Also played it out from the back with the keeper finding the fullbacks which I find is the mark of a good team instead of a hoof

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Town ladies

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.