3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
July 27, 2019, 4:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
After the first few months of this new season, Hurst's team self depricating, bigging up the opposition, non performances and mono tone I can't see him making it to Christmas. How long will Mrs Wilkinson allow her heritage to be wasted by Swann before she has had enough.

His percentage football was boring to watch 90% of the time, and under him we never looked like a team with the bit between the teeth going for it, we always looked like a team happy to tread water once we got into the shallow end of a pool.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
Gaffer58
July 27, 2019, 5:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Told my scunny supporting mates that at least Town are guaranteed 6 points this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
KingstonMariner
July 27, 2019, 10:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93
After the first few months of this new season, Hurst's team self depricating, bigging up the opposition, non performances and mono tone I can't see him making it to Christmas. How long will Mrs Wilkinson allow her heritage to be wasted by Swann before she has had enough.

His percentage football was boring to watch 90% of the time, and under him we never looked like a team with the bit between the teeth going for it, we always looked like a team happy to tread water once we got into the shallow end of a pool.

We should relish being the underdogs in this. Hurst will have one of his 5 non-scoring strikers up front and the top scorer rested for being too good. His rip roaring winger will be told to not venture 5 yards beyond the halfway line in order to keep us shape.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
chaos33
July 27, 2019, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Say what you like about Hurst, but he has an excellent record of getting teams into the play offs when he has a decent budget, and that’s fact.
I’m not speaking as a fan of his particularly, but those mocking him might reserve ridicule for a bit as Scunthorpe  will doubtless have a bigger budget than us and seem, to my mind, to be much more likely to be challenging at the top end than we do.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
KingstonMariner
July 27, 2019, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from chaos33
Say what you like about Hurst, but he has an excellent record of getting teams into the play offs when he has a decent budget, and that’s fact.
I’m not speaking as a fan of his particularly, but those mocking him might reserve ridicule for a bit as Scunthorpe  will doubtless have a bigger budget than us and seem, to my mind, to be much more likely to be challenging at the top end than we do.

Right on both counts, but I reckon the Hurst bigging up the opposition thing is accurate. We've all heard him do it here. He sent his team out to play with trepidation and caution. That held us back and unless he's changed the same will happen with Scunny.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.