8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
malkamalka
July 23, 2019, 3:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
According to Sky, we’ve had a 2nd bid rejected by Dundalk.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
July 23, 2019, 3:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Surely there are 100s of out of contract full backs in England. Surprised we are offering a fee.

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
mariner91
July 23, 2019, 4:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Particularly when he's barely started a game this season. Without generalising, and I know Dundalk are top, but it's a really poor standard. Patrick Hoban who looked distinctly average in the NL for us is the league's top scorer by some way. Can't understand why we're offering a fee for a right back who can't get a game in the LOI when we've got a very good right back already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2019, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mariner91
Particularly when he's barely started a game this season. Without generalising, and I know Dundalk are top, but it's a really poor standard. Patrick Hoban who looked distinctly average in the NL for us is the league's top scorer by some way. Can't understand why we're offering a fee for a right back who can't get a game in the LOI when we've got a very good right back already.

Because I think MJ has a plan to play Hendrie as his defensive midfielder.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
scott_gtfc_89
July 23, 2019, 5:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Everyone saying we need a CM, but don’t we need a cover right back more?

If Hendrie gets injured we will be struggling for cover.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
jimgtfc
July 23, 2019, 5:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Everyone saying we need a CM, but don’t we need a cover right back more?

If Hendrie gets injured we will be struggling for cover.

Elliott Hewitt

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
scott_gtfc_89
July 23, 2019, 6:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from jimgtfc

Elliott Hewitt

Would prefer a more natural right back if am
Honest,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
jimgtfc
July 23, 2019, 6:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89

Would prefer a more natural right back if am
Honest,

From what I can gather I think he is a natural right back, certainly started his career there at Macclesfield and did well enough to earn a move to Ipswich. He’s had loan spells where he played on the right wing for Colchester and right back for Gillingham. He’s played at full back for Notts too as well as centre half but it seems his most successful run in the side came in midfield. Basically I think he’s a typical utility, jack of all trades type of player.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
July 23, 2019, 6:54pm
Guest User
Rumour from from Dundalk offer £95000 turned down.
Reply: 8 - 78
Malta_Mariner_90
July 23, 2019, 7:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from jimgtfc

From what I can gather I think he is a natural right back, certainly started his career there at Macclesfield and did well enough to earn a move to Ipswich. He’s had loan spells where he played on the right wing for Colchester and right back for Gillingham. He’s played at full back for Notts too as well as centre half but it seems his most successful run in the side came in midfield. Basically I think he’s a typical utility, jack of all trades type of player.

Pretty sure the Notts fans said he should play in the middle, at RB he was a bit of a disaster for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dummigan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.