This thread currently has 19,808 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
July 24, 2019, 11:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Don't get it, a massive fee (for us), for an obscure rightback who hardly been playing.

If it was for a striker who's banged in 20 or 30 goals recently then yes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
bigdavemariner
July 24, 2019, 11:17pm
UTM
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 4
Must say I'm struggling with this one as well. 100k if that is the figure being spoken about could surely buy us a proven league one creative mid or striker. Christ thst sort of money could buy you podge couldn't it??

Maybe invest the money into bionic legs so we can bring back Diz and keep him playing haha

Gary Lump Lump Lump!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
KingstonMariner
July 25, 2019, 7:00am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Must say I'm struggling with this one as well. 100k if that is the figure being spoken about could surely buy us a proven league one creative mid or striker. Christ thst sort of money could buy you podge couldn't it??

Maybe invest the money into bionic legs so we can bring back Diz and keep him playing haha

It cost 6 million dollars for two bionic legs, one arm and one eye in 1974. Even with tech prices coming down over the years £50k per leg doesn’t sound enough.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
Superdan147
July 25, 2019, 7:36am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -5
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Us town fans aye, we moan when we don’t spend any money on players and then when do spend money on one we still moan 🤷🏽‍♂️ . Whilst I understand some of the comments about spending money on a right back when it could possibly be used to sign a cb or attacking midfielder, I’m sure MJ and the board have this in hand. I think it’s clear that MJ puts great importance on his full backs and wants them to be equally as effective going forward as they are defensive. He clearly sees Gibson, Dummigan as two players who can provide the width we need and able to put decent balls in the box for the likes of Hanson/green.

If Dummigan IS the player who can chip in with a few goals and assists but we have to pay a fee so be it. 100k is hardly going to cripple our club. MJ has worked with Dummigan at Burnley for a couple of seasons (in which he won the young player of the year and was highly rated) before having a decent spell at Oldham in league one so I don’t understand why people suggest he’s an unknown?

As for people saying ‘we already have Luke hendrie’ I think we will see hendrie move into the defensive midfielder role Hess has been playing, after all LH started his career as defensive mid and also played in this position for us a handful of times last season and did well. This would give us hendrie, Hess, Hewitt, Clifton and whitehouse fighting for the 3 midfield positions. Any permutation of 3 from them would be strong IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
AussieMariner
July 25, 2019, 9:04am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It cost 6 million dollars for two bionic legs, one arm and one eye in 1974. Even with tech prices coming down over the years £50k per leg doesn’t sound enough.

How are they going for you Kingston? Do you think they’ll see you out?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
KingstonMariner
July 25, 2019, 11:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AussieMariner

How are they going for you Kingston? Do you think they’ll see you out?

So I’ve been rumbled. I am Lee Majors.

I have woken up a few times legless and barely alive.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
grimsby pete
July 25, 2019, 11:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
If MJ thinks he is worth £100,000 and he should know seeing he was at Burnley with him,

That's good enough for me.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 25, 2019, 11:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

So I’ve been rumbled. I am Lee Majors.

I have woken up a few times legless and barely alive.

Did you get legless on the NHS or did you have private health insurance?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
Mariner55
July 25, 2019, 11:19am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
I know this may sound somewhat controversial, but isn't it possible that MJ knows what he's doing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
LH
July 25, 2019, 11:20am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,497
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Superdan147
Us town fans aye, we moan when we don’t spend any money on players and then when do spend money on one we still moan 🤷🏽‍♂️ . Whilst I understand some of the comments about spending money on a right back when it could possibly be used to sign a cb or attacking midfielder, I’m sure MJ and the board have this in hand. I think it’s clear that MJ puts great importance on his full backs and wants them to be equally as effective going forward as they are defensive. He clearly sees Gibson, Dummigan as two players who can provide the width we need and able to put decent balls in the box for the likes of Hanson/green.

If Dummigan IS the player who can chip in with a few goals and assists but we have to pay a fee so be it. 100k is hardly going to cripple our club. MJ has worked with Dummigan at Burnley for a couple of seasons (in which he won the young player of the year and was highly rated) before having a decent spell at Oldham in league one so I don’t understand why people suggest he’s an unknown?

As for people saying ‘we already have Luke hendrie’ I think we will see hendrie move into the defensive midfielder role Hess has been playing, after all LH started his career as defensive mid and also played in this position for us a handful of times last season and did well. This would give us hendrie, Hess, Hewitt, Clifton and whitehouse fighting for the 3 midfield positions. Any permutation of 3 from them would be strong IMO.

What a load of shite. I’ve never played DM.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dummigan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.