7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
July 22, 2019, 8:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
It’s been some years since we’ve done it, but I think it’d be worth getting those temporary seats in the corner again for the Bradford and Scunny games. Leave them there all season; if we do well we can fill them ourselves for other games. Who knows.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
lukeo
July 22, 2019, 8:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Heisenberg
It’s been some years since we’ve done it, but I think it’d be worth getting those temporary seats in the corner again for the Bradford and Scunny games. Leave them there all season; if we do well we can fill them ourselves for other games. Who knows.

It's all down to cost though isn't it.. If they hold 500 and say we fill them on an average of £15 per seat twice in the next year (£7,500) but it costs more than that to 'rent' them then there is no point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
Heisenberg
July 22, 2019, 8:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from lukeo

It's all down to cost though isn't it.. If they hold 500 and say we fill them on an average of £15 per seat twice in the next year (£7,500) but it costs more than that to 'rent' them then there is no point

Just get Tom Shutes to BUY them, if, of course, he’s actually got any money......
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
promotion plaice
July 22, 2019, 8:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

I was at Valley Parade in the late seventies/early eighties when Town won something like 3-1.

I think bricks were being thrown into the Town end from behind the stand.

I was lucky to get away with my life that day after being chased to the car by Bradford fans, I was a good runner in those days  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
Stadium
July 22, 2019, 9:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Les Brechin

We can't have given them the full allocation as earlier today their Twiiter said that they are expecting a 2nd allocation to arrive tomorrow

No idea what allocation they were given.
Would have thought they would have no problem at all selling the full 1900.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Limerick Mariner
July 22, 2019, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from promotion plaice

I was at Valley Parade in the late seventies/early eighties when Town won something like 3-1.

I was lucky to get away with my life that day after being chased to the car by Bradford fans, I was a good runner in those days  

Must have been late 70s. We were two divisions above them in the early 80s, by the mid 80s they got to the second division, year we went down or the season before.

We didn't offer Lincoln any extra tickets for all the thousands of fans that supported them when Graham Taylor was manager, but were then kidnapped for 40 years...I can't see why we would offer Bradford any more. Scunthorpe won't fill the away end unless they are in the top three...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
Limerick Mariner
July 22, 2019, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Must have been late 70s. We were two divisions above them in the early 80s, by the mid 80s they got to the second division, year we went down or the season before.

We didn't offer Lincoln any extra tickets for all the thousands of fans that supported them when Graham Taylor was manager, but were then kidnapped for 40 years...I can't see why we would offer Bradford any more. Scunthorpe won't fill the away end unless they are in the top three...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 64
Heisenberg
July 22, 2019, 9:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Come on, Scunny will sell out the away end, let’s not be daft.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 64
Limerick Mariner
July 22, 2019, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Come on, Scunny will sell out the away end, let’s not be daft.

They have brought 1,900 (or a few hundred more before all seater) on 4 occasions in 50 years - twice in the FA Cup and twice when in a promotion position in the league. Certainly no reason to rent an extra 500 seats for them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
marinerdazza
July 22, 2019, 10:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from moosey_club

never in doubt IMO.

carnage awaits.

You reckon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.