Grantham_Mariner
July 22, 2019, 9:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,124
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted Text
Tickets are now on sale to season ticket holders on a two-for-one season ticket basis. Stub number 1 must be presented when purchasing or collecting tickets.

Quoted from official web site re Morecambe tickets.

So you are a season ticket holder that live miles from Blundel Park, have no relatives in Grimsby (Anyway your season ticket is with you) , not able to go to Peterborough game on Saturday or get to Grimsby, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BUY TICKETS !

Bet we are not the only ones with this problem.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
headingly_mariner
July 22, 2019, 10:08am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,264
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

So you are a season ticket holder that live miles from Blundel Park, have no relatives in Grimsby (Anyway your season ticket is with you) , not able to go to Peterborough game on Saturday or get to Grimsby, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BUY TICKETS !

You can buy them online I think. Just put your season ticket number in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
brigg_mariner
July 22, 2019, 11:26am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

It not that hard Grantham, ring the ticket office, order and pay for your ticket and then send them stub 1 in the post, they will then post you your Morecambe ticket.

The girls in the ticket office are always willing to help.

Perhaps a call prior to the above rant would have saved yourself some time.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
GollyGTFC
July 22, 2019, 11:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,915
Gold Stars: 343
Quoted from brigg_mariner

It not that hard Grantham, ring the ticket office, order and pay for your ticket and then send them stub 1 in the post, they will then post you your Morecambe ticket.

The girls in the ticket office are always willing to help.

Perhaps a call prior to the above rant would have saved yourself some time.

It's 2019. I am pretty confident that we are the only club in the 92 who still resort to having physical stubs to hand over for STHs the buy away tickets.

How difficult would it be to have an online ticketing system where STHs can buy tickets for away and home cup games without having to faff about and jump through hoops. This sort of thing is exactly why the club's support is dropping off year on year.

Hopefully the wind of change is blowing and this is the final season we have to put up with all the outdated systems that GTFC have failed to replace with anything more modern in the past 25 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 20
Son of Cod
July 22, 2019, 11:48am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,309
Gold Stars: 196
Is this for Morecambe? We're not gonna sell out are we? Just pay on the gate, surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
pizzzza
July 22, 2019, 11:50am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,621
Gold Stars: 135
Yeah, as others have said just give the ticket office a call and explain your situation. I'm sure they'll get you sorted.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
brigg_mariner
July 22, 2019, 11:58am

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Son of Cod
Is this for Morecambe? We're not gonna sell out are we? Just pay on the gate, surely?

Quoted Text
Away fans are no longer able to pay cash on the gate, so are strongly advised to purchase tickets in advance of Matchday.

Source: https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/morecambe-a-ticket-information/

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Son of Cod
July 22, 2019, 12:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,309
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from brigg_mariner

Oh ffs. I'm moving house on August 1st haha. What's the point of that? We've got an allocation of 1700 for Morecambe and it's pay on the gate? Hopefully they'll send a ticket to my work address.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
KingstonMariner
July 22, 2019, 12:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GollyGTFC

It's 2019. I am pretty confident that we are the only club in the 92 who still resort to having physical stubs to hand over for STHs the buy away tickets.

How difficult would it be to have an online ticketing system where STHs can buy tickets for away and home cup games without having to faff about and jump through hoops. This sort of thing is exactly why the club's support is dropping off year on year.

Hopefully the wind of change is blowing and this is the final season we have to put up with all the outdated systems that GTFC have failed to replace with anything more modern in the past 25 years.

Apart from the inconvenience to customers, there’s the time wasted by ticket office staff.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
MarinerRob
July 22, 2019, 12:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,429
Gold Stars: 107
I had the same issue as I live over 200 miles away. I rang the ticket office and explained the situation and it's all sorted out with my ticket being posted to me. I have always found the ticket offer VERY helpful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exile season ticket holders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.