codcheeky
July 17, 2019, 6:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Rik e B
A close friend has had a lump discovered in their bowels but NHS can't look at till April 2020! I'm kinda hoping it's something like this and not cancer, not that I know what's worse, any advice what to do in the meantime welcome

9 years of Tory cuts and needless austerity. It was like this before 1997 as well, the Tories have always hated the concept of the NHS, and are undermining it at every turn again
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 74
Les Brechin
July 17, 2019, 6:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin

Drag your mate there if necessary, amazing how appointments appear when the cash is produced

That's easy to say Ipswin but a lot of people can't afford to go private.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 74
The Yard Dog
July 17, 2019, 6:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't know mate but going private for a colonoscopy might be an idea. The treatment once diagnosed could be (and should be on the NHS but an early diagnosis is vital - whatever it is)

I lost 25cms of bowel, suffered a stoma for a year and now have a bowel which does its own thing periodically resulting in multi bathroom trips some days, how I wish I'd been diagnosed sooner.

Drag your mate there if necessary, amazing how appointments appear when the cash is produced

As I am typing, my mother-in-law in over at Castle Hill in hull, for a colonoscopy. Having been messed about at Grimsby for so long, had to apply pressure to her GP for a appointment, out of the area. Got a appointment within 3 weeks,
Those who shout the loudest, get sorted alot quicker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 74
Ipswin
July 17, 2019, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Les Brechin

That's easy to say Ipswin but a lot of people can't afford to go private.

Unfortunately true Les but I was just suggesting a private colonoscopy to get a diagnosis then hopefully any necessary treatment would be as outstanding as ours has been on the NHS. Diagnosis is everything if cancer is at all suspected, anyway it sounds (from the next post) that a quicker exam is possible in Hull if you shout loud enough.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 74
Brazilnut
July 17, 2019, 7:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Les Brechin

I've already arranged to donate the 25% from this buster to The Fans Of The Future appeal, but as I usually run 3 or 4 busters over the course of the season, I see no reason why I shouldn't donate from what I take in the next buster, if someone could recommend a charity that deals with this disease.

So sorry less must have missed the post about fans of the future ...... didn't mean to tread on toes .....just a quick unthoughtabout post sorry again

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 74
rancido
July 17, 2019, 8:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

Me too.. luckily now in remission after seven lots of extremely painful surgery. Feel free to PM me mate if you want to discuss your symptoms and possible courses of action..

Same to Perkins too..

I feel for anybody with these problems. I had a sub total colectomy 21 years ago to remove a bowel cancer. The first couple of years were surreal , constantly wondering if it would return and every abdominal pain freaking me out. I'm still here and never think about it now.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 74
mariner83
July 17, 2019, 9:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

I lost 25cms of bowel, suffered a stoma for a year

I'd rather have a bag, than be dead which ultimately would have been the case if I didn't have one.
If the medication didn't kill me (sepsis from having to have my immune system wiped out) it would have been my colon rupturing due to how ulcerated it was.

I know it's not ideal, but I hope if someone needed to have a stoma at some point I'd be able to talk to them and let them know it's not always a negative thing.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 66 - 74
Les Brechin
July 17, 2019, 9:06pm

Quoted from Brazilnut

So sorry less must have missed the post about fans of the future ...... didn't mean to tread on toes .....just a quick unthoughtabout post sorry again

No need to apologise at all mate. I'll bear the charity in mind when I run the seasons 2nd buster.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 74
Les Brechin
July 17, 2019, 9:09pm

Quoted from Ipswin

Unfortunately true Les but I was just suggesting a private colonoscopy to get a diagnosis then hopefully any necessary treatment would be as outstanding as ours has been on the NHS. Diagnosis is everything if cancer is at all suspected, anyway it sounds (from the next post) that a quicker exam is possible in Hull if you shout loud enough.

I was lucky (if I can use that word) that my tumour was found during a routine eyetest at the opticians.

I was admitted to Gy hospital the same day and transferred directly to Hull after a CT and MRI scan.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 74
Ipswin
July 17, 2019, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from mariner83

I'd rather have a bag, than be dead which ultimately would have been the case if I didn't have one.
If the medication didn't kill me (sepsis from having to have my immune system wiped out) it would have been my colon rupturing due to how ulcerated it was.

I know it's not ideal, but I hope if someone needed to have a stoma at some point I'd be able to talk to them and let them know it's not always a negative thing.

intercourse me I even get a bollocking on a non-footy topic now when I am attempting to help / advise someone! You know exactly what I meant, possibly I used the wrong word. I too would have died had I not had an operation and stoma albeit just for a year.

My point of course was that had I had an earlier diagnosis, which is what we are discussing in respect of Riks friend, I would not have had to have had a stoma and would not have 'suffered'/experienced the difficulties (?) it entails at all.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Signing 5 imminent

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.