KingstonMariner
July 27, 2019, 10:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from The Archaeologist
Bought my tickets via the GTFC website on Friday lunchtime, landed on my doormat 150 miles away at 11.30 this morning. Straightforward and problem free as far as I can see.  

You would say that. You love archaic things.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 81
Croxton
July 28, 2019, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Bought mine along with yesterdays ticket. Good service as usual.

Just booked a room at the quiet end of the prom for Friday. £30 inc breakfast/ free parking. Fancy testing the knees on a Lakeland Fell before our first victory. Local stroll Sat. a.m.

What could go wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
Grantham_Mariner
July 28, 2019, 12:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
So the conclusion is.....

You can not fault the service you get from the ticket office either on the phone or in person. They have been known to go the extra mile to accommodate requests. 10 out of 10 we could not have better.

BUT.......

The systems they are asked to use are so outdated and time consuming it can not be easy to work with them.

So please do not shoot the messenger if you do not like the message, our ticket office staff do a remarkable job and we should appreciate them for all they do for us.

So please can we have a nice new ticketing system for next season please Mr JF (or whoever if the takeover happens)

Yous sincerly,

The Loyal Fans of Grimsby Town F.C.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
Marinerz93
July 28, 2019, 12:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Brazilnut

Now come on be fair  when Mr Fenty made his money with fish  it was a time of the Simplex D accounts book  a time of ledgers being done in pencil and an old guy hunched over a desk collating orders and dispatches.

Since the modern times of the micro chip (oddly a chip that wont go with his fish) he has seen his fortune dwindle and suffered torrents of abuse on some new fangled thing call a web site which he went on cos he thought it was about fish, he has since been informed these web sites things are on something called the internet and after going to the library and reading some books he found out the internet thing lives  in some strange devices called computers /laptops/ smart phones  

So why on earth would he invite this bully the internet thing  into his office to provide a modern ticketing system to benefit  the Trojan horse that has dwindled his pocket money or to please/ assist    those angler type people  on that there  fishing type  website that call him names .....no thank you  I got big with note pads and pencils  so this club will get big with note pads pencils and if something goes wrong we can just erase it and start again

Fenty reminds me of Jen from the IT Crowd.

[youtube]Vywf48Dhyns[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
KingstonMariner
July 28, 2019, 4:40pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Fenty reminds me of Jen from the IT Crowd.

[youtube]Vywf48Dhyns[/youtube]

Jen’s audience reminds me of the Fenty fanboys.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
rancido
July 28, 2019, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Why am I not surprised that a thread about tickets for the Morecambe match turns into an anti JF rant. Why can't some people give it a rest - it's counter productive, boring and makes the posters appear to be bitter, vindictive articles.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
KingstonMariner
July 28, 2019, 6:11pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from rancido
Why am I not surprised that a thread about tickets for the Morecambe match turns into an anti JF rant. Why can't some people give it a rest - it's counter productive, boring and makes the posters appear to be bitter, vindictive articles.

Because ticketing is just another example of the incompetent way the club is run. If you can’t join the dots, then you will struggle to understand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
rancido
July 28, 2019, 6:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
I can join the dots and I do understand but why can't we give it a rest. As a point of interest wouldn't it be Fleming who was responsible for these administration matters?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
Grantham_Mariner
July 28, 2019, 7:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Anyone else going by train?

Grantham to Leeds then the 1018 direct to Morcambe (The scenic route not the fastest) arriving at 12.24.

Over 2 hours on a train with no buffet (or WiFi)  !  Still it will be cheaper to take our own drinks. Don't let us down 'Northern'.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
jaygy
July 29, 2019, 8:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I’m taking my 4 year old daughter for her first away game and then staying overnight in Bay Horse before a day at Blackpool zoo, hopefully it’ll be a good weekend all round and one to remember for her first away trip
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.