Reply: 30 - 81
Malta_Mariner_90
July 26, 2019, 10:49am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Over 500 sold ahead of going on general sale tomorrow.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
KingstonMariner
July 26, 2019, 12:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

They are probably very self conscious about their fat fingers   

You could be right. I apologise to all for being fattist (but not fattEst )

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
Gaffer58
July 26, 2019, 2:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
A positive of our antiquated system could be that Mr Fenty doesn't want to spend the money updating as within 1/2 years we'll be in our all singing, all dancing modern brand new stadium.Or maybe we won't!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
KingstonMariner
July 26, 2019, 8:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Gaffer58
A positive of our antiquated system could be that Mr Fenty doesn't want to spend the money updating as within 1/2 years we'll be in our all singing, all dancing modern brand new stadium.Or maybe we won't!!!

If that’s the reason maybe someone should explain modern technology and how portable it is.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 81
AussieMariner
July 26, 2019, 9:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If that’s the reason maybe someone should explain modern technology and how portable it is.

Exactly
The last time I looked at a ticketing system I’m pretty sure it wasn’t hard coded to only work for one stadium
And I’m pretty sure that a company can subscribe pretty cost effectively through various software suppliers using Software as a Service (SaaS)
In fact, aren’t we actually sponsored by a software company?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
Gaffer58
July 26, 2019, 9:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
So basically why are we so far behind other clubs, a genuine question that probably one of the trust members on the board could ask/ answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
ska face
July 26, 2019, 9:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,623
Gold Stars: 840
What’s it got to do with the Trust?

The answer is simple - John Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
Brazilnut
July 27, 2019, 4:55am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from ska face
What’s it got to do with the Trust?

The answer is simple - John Fenty.

Now come on be fair  when Mr Fenty made his money with fish  it was a time of the Simplex D accounts book  a time of ledgers being done in pencil and an old guy hunched over a desk collating orders and dispatches.

Since the modern times of the micro chip (oddly a chip that wont go with his fish) he has seen his fortune dwindle and suffered torrents of abuse on some new fangled thing call a web site which he went on cos he thought it was about fish, he has since been informed these web sites things are on something called the internet and after going to the library and reading some books he found out the internet thing lives  in some strange devices called computers /laptops/ smart phones  

So why on earth would he invite this bully the internet thing  into his office to provide a modern ticketing system to benefit  the Trojan horse that has dwindled his pocket money or to please/ assist    those angler type people  on that there  fishing type  website that call him names .....no thank you  I got big with note pads and pencils  so this club will get big with note pads pencils and if something goes wrong we can just erase it and start again

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
jaygy
July 27, 2019, 9:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
After many failed attempts trying to call the ticket office yesterday(it felt like they were just ignoring the phones) I have to say that once I got through the lady was extremely pleasant and helpful. I tried booking them online but even though I’m fairly good with online booking the system is terrible and needs a major overhaul IMO, I gave up and just waited for them to eventually answer the phone. I’m just wondering that if it took me 5 attempts during the day to actually get through how much money do the club miss out on from many others that will have tried and given up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecambe tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.