Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 248 Guests

Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

This thread currently has 45,432 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
July 15, 2019, 8:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from forza ivano

I am sure it's fish dock no.3 which thespian to fill in, which is the bit on the top right hand corner where you've put the gtf C ground image

Murray Street ends just after it goes under Humber Bridge Road, so I wouldn't have thought it's where I put Blundell Park for size comparison.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 209
Gaffer58
July 15, 2019, 8:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
As I'm now getting on a bit I'm at the stage where I just want a new fit for purpose stadium, with an adequate capacity, nice seating, no stanchions please, that we as a club can be proud of. So someone please knock a few heads together a get on with the project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 209
GYinScuntland
July 15, 2019, 8:53pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Gaffer58
As I'm now getting on a bit I'm at the stage where I just want a new fit for purpose stadium, with an adequate capacity, nice seating, no stanchions please, that we as a club can be proud of. So someone please knock a few heads together a get on with the project.

It really makes you wonder how many supporters have passed away since this was first mooted over a quarter of a century ago and how many of us will be gone before it's fruition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 209
golfer
July 15, 2019, 9:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
In some circles Grimsby Docks and Immingham Docks are classed as 1 port, so in the eventuality of us becoming a Free Port would we have to have permits to enter the said designated area  My understanding of a Free Port is a vast area where imports are stored and exported with no customs or tax implications. There would be more profit for ABP from a Free Zone so surely they wouldn't "waste " space on a local football club who those in head office probably will never have heard of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 209
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 15, 2019, 9:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 178
This is the 4th potential site threats been proposed. Will this be the last? I bloody hope so

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 209
Northbank Mariner
July 15, 2019, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
I'm afraid my cynically heads kicked in yet again...
All these so called proposed sites for the new ground is all good and well but unfortunately until I see that first s@d turned over and a ring fenced area of harrass fencing with signs saying "No entry, building of the new GTFC stadium on going" I'll stay in the 'believe it when I see it' camp..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 209
mimma
July 15, 2019, 11:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,566
Gold Stars: 78
What about access?,  There is no access off Riby square,  the only way through is via flyover or through side streets.  Humber street bridge is unsafe.
Huge congestion.  where are pubs and eateries?
Its a no from me

You lack imagination sir.

The £80 million CAN be used to improve access, roads and either repair, replace or demolish the unsafe bridge over the railway lines. That would open up the area that use to be Robinson Lane Wormesley Road and give access to the lights at Park Street, Going the other way down Murray Street takes you to either Freeman Street, or round the dock offices to Lockhill roundabout. New Clee station is a short walk from this area, maybe shuttle trains could run to / from Cleethorpes and town station, as well as dropping off visiting fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 209
Rik e B
July 16, 2019, 12:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Well I've got my ABP card so I'm good  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 209
KingstonMariner
July 16, 2019, 12:54am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma

You lack imagination sir.

The £80 million CAN be used to improve access, roads and either repair, replace or demolish the unsafe bridge over the railway lines. That would open up the area that use to be Robinson Lane Wormesley Road and give access to the lights at Park Street, Going the other way down Murray Street takes you to either Freeman Street, or round the dock offices to Lockhill roundabout. New Clee station is a short walk from this area, maybe shuttle trains could run to / from Cleethorpes and town station, as well as dropping off visiting fans.

There looks to be space there for the ground on that patch of land (immediately south of FD No. 3). If the road access can be sorted out. GY Docks station for visitors (2/3-33/4 mile away) New Clee for home end (keep the away lot away from Cleethorpes ) But would need new platform at New Clee, because isn't there only one on the 'wrong' side?

Not sure I like the location as much as the old Freemo Flats site though unless there was a massive amount of money spent on doing up the whole area. Hell of a dream though.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 209
RexFannies
July 16, 2019, 1:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
Aren’t we gonna need the docks after Brexit for the fishing industry revival?

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 69 - 209
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Plan to Build New Ground at Docks.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.