KingstonMariner
July 15, 2019, 9:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
What did he say Rob I can not see anything offensive ?

It's 'Dog Whistle Politics' Pete. It's clear what Grim74 means. He just thinks he's clever disguising it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
KingstonMariner
July 15, 2019, 9:54pm
Meths Drinker
Anyway, great game. Watched most of it bar 1 1/2 hours and then I was listening on the radio. Got to feel for the Kiwis, losing like that. But not for long.  

Also if the footbll authorities are going to persist with VAR FFS, they should talk to the ICC to see how its done properly.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
Limerick Mariner
July 15, 2019, 11:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,502
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's 'Dog Whistle Politics' Pete. It's clear what Grim74 means. He just thinks he's clever disguising it.

And Rees-Mogg looks an even bigger t**t now if that is possible - after tweeting "we don't need Europe to win the world cup", a Fine-Gael senator put him down straight away pointing out that our captain is Irish. The sharp object has tried to claim it was a joke, yeah on you - a third of our team are immigrants or sons of - he just made himself upper-class twit of the year.

By contrast, the Maybot speech today was spot on - reference to the team representing "modern Britain" and praising the Black Caps' dignified response to the unluckiest of defeats, guess she had to get something right in the end...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
KingstonMariner
July 16, 2019, 12:22am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

And Rees-Mogg looks an even bigger t**t now if that is possible - after tweeting "we don't need Europe to win the world cup", a Fine-Gael senator put him down straight away pointing out that our captain is Irish. The sharp object has tried to claim it was a joke, yeah on you - a third of our team are immigrants or sons of - he just made himself upper-class twit of the year.

By contrast, the Maybot speech today was spot on - reference to the team representing "modern Britain" and praising the Black Caps' dignified response to the unluckiest of defeats, guess she had to get something right in the end...

Is this the Rees-Mogg that's so confident in Britain's future he stashes his wealth in Ireland  

Not an admirer of May but she's head and shoulders above the likes of Rees-Mogg when it comes to dignity.

Anyway, before we get accused of being too political. It was a stunning game of cricket with so many twists in the plotline it was unbelievable. If the Kiwis had won I wouldn't have felt hard done by.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
Limerick Mariner
July 16, 2019, 12:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is this the Rees-Mogg that's so confident in Britain's future he stashes his wealth in Ireland  

Not an admirer of May but she's head and shoulders above the likes of Rees-Mogg when it comes to dignity.

Anyway, before we get accused of being too political. It was a stunning game of cricket with so many twists in the plotline it was unbelievable. If the Kiwis had won I wouldn't have felt hard done by.

We couldn't possibly, Kiwis are proper warriors - play smart, play hard and play to the end. I did find it funny when the French knocked the All Blacks out of the rugby world cup in 2007 though - with a most outrageous of forward passes - wouldn't happen now because of VAR.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
Ipswin
July 16, 2019, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GrimRob

The start of the over was not great but a lot of people might have caved in, especially after that six, and he held his nerve for the last four balls under immense pressure. I still think it was a bit of an iffy decision but it was a brave one, and it was the making of the man. He'll probably be an England regular for years to come now.

In the one day slog-it-and-run game which sadly appears to be taking over then maybe but in proper (test) cricket I'm not so sure

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
Rodley Mariner
July 16, 2019, 9:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Ipswin

In the one day slog-it-and-run game which sadly appears to be taking over then maybe but in proper (test) cricket I'm not so sure

Genuinely interested to know why you think that? England have been desperate for more pace and he's bowling with great control at 94mph. I think the England set up see him as absolutely central to the future if the test team. Might take a while for him to be as effective twice as he is in ODI and T20 but I don't see any reason he won't be very successful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
Ipswin
July 16, 2019, 10:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Genuinely interested to know why you think that? England have been desperate for more pace and he's bowling with great control at 94mph. I think the England set up see him as absolutely central to the future if the test team. Might take a while for him to be as effective twice as he is in ODI and T20 but I don't see any reason he won't be very successful.

FFS here we go again! I just said I wasn't sure, that's all. It's a totally different game to slinging it down for ten overs. He could be the next Anderson (I doubt it) or he might not make the transition to test cricket. I would question his 'control' over 20, 25 or 30 overs in two innings over 5 days

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
Limerick Mariner
July 17, 2019, 7:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

FFS here we go again! I just said I wasn't sure, that's all. It's a totally different game to slinging it down for ten overs. He could be the next Anderson (I doubt it) or he might not make the transition to test cricket. I would question his 'control' over 20, 25 or 30 overs in two innings over 5 days

Agreed, but a strike bowler with impact over short bursts is more valuable in Test cricket where a wicket can happily be bought with a few boundaries conceded off loose balls. As he's genuinely quick he could be a real asset for the test side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 60
Ipswin
July 24, 2019, 12:16pm
Vodka Drinker
If you open the window you can hear the Aussie cricketers pissing themselves laughing 42-6

Private Message
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Come on England

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.