Reply: 80 - 88
Marinerz93
July 13, 2019, 10:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
What a goal from the Boston player good enough to win any game, the most important part for me about friendlies is how did the team generally play, given how many of what we would believe was first team players and what strength do we have in reserve.

How are we shaping up and we will only get a real sight of that as we play who is considered who will be the first names on the team sheet against equal or higher opposition.

I'm getting that feeling in my waters that this coming season is going to be a good one, that or I have got an infection.

Diagnosis, GTFC infection and we all know how infectious that is, especially as the new season draws closer  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 88
cjbill
July 13, 2019, 7:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +215
I thought it was Jock Curran that gave away the penalty. But I was only watching the highlights
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 88
Rik e B
July 14, 2019, 1:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
If Lincoln had Grimsbyitis we need a heavier dose! Maybe Shutes can inject us and help us realise what we are.

Im still a little reserved about the coming Season when often daftly optimistic, maybe that's due to age, still think we need bulking out with some quality in the rearguard and for me Jolley showed a few shortfalls and limitations (though I'd love him to be some sort of Messiah). Hopefully these iron out with experience. Preseason seems more professional this time around.

Concerns me a little that he speaks of maybe a couple of signings but certainly wants just one, I'd say definitely two maybe three. And gone a bit quiet on the signings, utilising trialists usually strikes me as struggling a bit to fill positions. Though Craig Clay was a good one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 88
bostonian
July 15, 2019, 1:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from marinerdazza

I remember him. Incredibly upbeat and bulletproof to insults.

I don't mind Boston either. We seem to have the relationship with Boston that we used to have with Lincoln a few decades ago.

Thank you very much both of you for your kind comments ,  You will be hearing from me again on a regular basis from now on .  I will update you on what I have been up to .            Meanwhile how many of the players that started at YS thurs night will be in your league starting line-up ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 88
Sigone
July 15, 2019, 2:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from bostonian

Meanwhile how many of the players that started at YS thurs night will be in your league starting line-up ?

4 maybe 5

McKeown, Ring, Hessenthaler, Hendrie, Clifton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 88
jamesgtfc
July 15, 2019, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,947
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Rik e B
If Lincoln had Grimsbyitis we need a heavier dose! Maybe Shutes can inject us and help us realise what we are.

Im still a little reserved about the coming Season when often daftly optimistic, maybe that's due to age, still think we need bulking out with some quality in the rearguard and for me Jolley showed a few shortfalls and limitations (though I'd love him to be some sort of Messiah). Hopefully these iron out with experience. Preseason seems more professional this time around.

Concerns me a little that he speaks of maybe a couple of signings but certainly wants just one, I'd say definitely two maybe three. And gone a bit quiet on the signings, utilising trialists usually strikes me as struggling a bit to fill positions. Though Craig Clay was a good one.

If he comes out and says he wants 3 but we only sign 1 player before 3rd August then he has made a rod for his own back. Loan players such as Embleton and Hendrie signed after the start of the season once it was clear there wasn't going to be much game time for them at their parent clubs.

We seem a bit top heavy up front so it may be a case of some wheeling and dealing also.

Personally I think we need a left back and centre back as a minimum plus a left footed midfielder. Another winger would be a bonus but imagine Cook or Cardwell would have to make way for that to happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 88
Rik e B
July 17, 2019, 12:02am

Whiskey Drinker
Good point and he seems to have bumped it up now we just signed a LB on loan: he now saying hoping for a couple more permanent. Maybe those permanents closer to fruition than before so he being bolder in his statements. 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 88
Rik e B
July 17, 2019, 12:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Welcome back Bostonian!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 88
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Boston

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.