8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
RichMariner
July 10, 2019, 7:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,133
Gold Stars: 209
What these fans have done is act. They're doing something positive, with the right intentions. You can question the details, have reservations, be critical if you must - it's a free country - but they're using their initiative, they've done their research, they've spoken to all the relevant people and, above all, they've used their initiative.

For that I applaud them, support them and hope they achieve their targets.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 30 - 74
Abdul19
July 10, 2019, 7:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Great idea. Accrington did something similar (although paid for by Andy Holt rather than a crowdfunder I think).

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 74
chrissy
July 10, 2019, 7:51pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
What would it cost if the club said free season tickets for under 11 kids if  a adult buys a season ticket ?  Not too late to do it for this season if anybody have already paid the money will be refunded.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 74
rancido
July 10, 2019, 8:32pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Guys, the frustrations you are airing are actually why we did this in the first place. We were all moaning about stuff not happening so we decided to turn that round into positive things. We have deliberately stayed separate from the club and trust but have obviously had to get their blessing. I net with them both and drove the agenda. They do want to change things round in terms of fan engagement so hopefully this is a catalyst for that. We talked about a lot of other ideas before presenting this to the club, tickets being one of those. Indeed free season tickets for kids is a goal we have.

Finally, Barra, that’s a tremendous gesture if all are happy.

I think it is a great idea. It's also very predictable how some posters have taken this as an opportunity to berate the club once again. Can't some of you just see this in the spirit that it is intended? It's a first step towards a long term goal and every journey , no matter how far, starts with a first step.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 74
Rodley Mariner
July 10, 2019, 8:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Sounds like a great idea. I really hope I don't sound negative but can I ask what the club are doing to support the initiative before I donate. Are they subsidising the shirt purchase or at least selling them at cost?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 74
Bristol Mariner
July 10, 2019, 8:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from fleabag1970
So you have to give money to a project you don't think will work or you are not a true town fan ? Really ? Are you serious ?

Let’s discuss at Morecambe?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 74
LH
July 10, 2019, 9:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Sounds like a great idea. I really hope I don't sound negative but can I ask what the club are doing to support the initiative before I donate. Are they subsidising the shirt purchase or at least selling them at cost?

Selling at cost from Twitter snooping. At full price it’d be approx 850 shirts I think.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 74
GMacademic
July 10, 2019, 9:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +14

The Club negotiated a rate for us direct with Errea - through the Club. Representatives of FOTF and MT were present during the negotiations and it was agreed from the outset that the Club would not benefit from the shirt purchase in any way.

Our long term aim, with the support of the Club, is to then work towards heavily subsidized/free entry to kids/young adults in order to develop the next generation of Town support.

We chose Yr6 as they are the big fish in the small pool and others are more likely to follow their lead - as has been proven with the same initiative at Accrington and clubs across other sports.

It's all about working together for the greater good - engage and invest in the kids & the youth and in turn they will engae & invest in the Club, the Town and the Community

UTM GTFC FOTF
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 74
Rodley Mariner
July 10, 2019, 9:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Perfect. Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply. Will donate tonight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 74
GMacademic
July 10, 2019, 9:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +14
Perfect. Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply. Will donate tonight.

Thanks - our pleasure - much appreciated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans of the Future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.