This thread currently has 11,715 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
July 10, 2019, 3:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Guys, the frustrations you are airing are actually why we did this in the first place. We were all moaning about stuff not happening so we decided to turn that round into positive things. We have deliberately stayed separate from the club and trust but have obviously had to get their blessing. I net with them both and drove the agenda. They do want to change things round in terms of fan engagement so hopefully this is a catalyst for that. We talked about a lot of other ideas before presenting this to the club, tickets being one of those. Indeed free season tickets for kids is a goal we have.

Finally, Barra, that’s a tremendous gesture if all are happy.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 74
Bristol Mariner
July 10, 2019, 3:29pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from fleabag1970
I just can't get my head around the fact that a professional lg2 football club which is breaking even profit wise has to rely on its fans to dip into their pockets for a venture like this . Also just by giving a year 6 pupil a shirt doesn't mean he/she will suddenly switch teams . Children can be very funny about what they wear . Before I get a mauling for my opinion iam playing a bit of devils advocate here and I do agree that young fans need engaging.  Just not at my expense .....

Honestly - what do you want?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
fleabag1970
July 10, 2019, 3:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
What do I want ?   I was just offering an opinion that's all .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
N2K
July 10, 2019, 4:41pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
Great initiative and great to see the club getting involved!

However, I was just wondering what the £30k target will fund? Call me blind if it's been mentioned but will it solely fund the shirts for 1 year or for an x amount of years?

This is not a dig by any means as I believe it has great potential, just curious on the actual logistics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
Theimperialcoroner
July 10, 2019, 5:10pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
First year is to fund shirts, demonstrate to he club it works, get them doing the same, matching funding etc. Aim of second year is to repeat shirts for the next group of kids and get free STs for under16s.
This year is the tester.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
Bristol Mariner
July 10, 2019, 5:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from fleabag1970
What do I want ?   I was just offering an opinion that's all .

People I assume have planned this and given up their own time for this initiative. It’s not Fenty or anything remotely related so if you’re a true Town fan you’ll give support. Maybe you could help
them as you’re obviously an expert?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
fleabag1970
July 10, 2019, 6:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
So you have to give money to a project you don't think will work or you are not a true town fan ? Really ? Are you serious ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
moosey_club
July 10, 2019, 6:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Great initiative, fantastic ideas and commitment......

i guess there are just a few people, myself included, that find it galling that your great initiative is giving money to the club especially after the last cash raising initiative from the fans was later labelled as irrelevant or the worst thing that has happened.  In effect you buying shirts is doing that, buying season tickets is doing that, getting kids in the ground and spending is doing that.....and some people feel this should be something that the club should be doing anyway and not just saying oh yes good idea, we support your idea of you creating extra income and interest for us !!!  

Hopefully one day soon the fans and club can have a harmonious relationship where only positivity exists and there is no need for cynisism.

Best wishes for your goals.

UTM.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
supertown
July 10, 2019, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Well done to the organisers of this , fleabag you are spoiling this thread . Do one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
fleabag1970
July 10, 2019, 6:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Do one ?  You sound like a certain director of the club .... I forgot you are not allowed an independent thought on here . Just explain to me how giving shirts to year 6 children will work in getting them through the turnstiles ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fans of the Future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.