Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worth putting this to the club?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 314 Guests

Worth putting this to the club?

This thread currently has 3,725 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
July 8, 2019, 9:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Before I blab on I have quickly typed this up on my phone's word document whilst watching television so please just see it as a rough idea and know it could be tweaked easily..

How do I ask the club to consider an idea I have..
There are 49 (sorry if I'm wrong) primary schools in Grimsby. Designate 2 (3 in some cases) to each home game and send a letter to each school offering 50x child and adult tickets for the main stand (away side end) to the school to give out. Ask the school to run some sort of competition (ie draw your favourite player, design something etc) and the school pick the top 50 children (if they get that many entries) to have a free adult and child ticket. Some people have big families so Offer them to buy an extra adult for £10 and/or child for £5, any additional people charge full price.

Example :
Great Coates and 2 others are designated Macclesfield at home on 21st September. Send letters to the school at the start of that term (2nd September?) explain what you're offering and ask for a reply. If the school replies they're interested send them 50 x child and adult tickets complimentary. The school does the rest. This could add an extra 100-300 onto the attendance who may buy food etc.. More importantly its giving every young child the opportunity to be captured and influenced by Grimsby Town FC to want to support their local team.  Imagine having 100+ children and families sat at that end, I bet they'd make some noise and who knows how many would want to come back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
You stripes UTM
July 8, 2019, 9:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 2
Get in touch with the page ‘Fans of the future’ on twitter or I believe it’s on Facebook also. Think they’re coming up with ideas for the next generation of fans coming through.

Bloody fantastic idea sir.

"IT'S BOGLE! AGAIN!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Elgringo87
July 8, 2019, 10:25pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
I run a junior football club and once every 6-7 weeks we receive an email from the club ( sent to every manager , 40+ teams) saying that we are entitled to free junior tickets up to the age of 16 for as many kids as we want and adults are £10 each and usually designated to the away corner , I’m not sure it’s been hugely popular as I’ve only been once myself in the “ junior group “ and from my usual seat in the pontoon haven’t seen much activity/intrest from these schemes , but the thought has been there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
grimsby pete
July 8, 2019, 10:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
[quote=449]Before I blab on I have quickly typed this up on my phone's word document whilst watching television so please just see it as a rough idea and know it could be tweaked easily..

There are 49 (sorry if I'm wrong) primary schools in Grimsby. Designate 2 (3 in some cases) to each home game and send a letter to each school offering 50x child and adult tickets for the main stand (away side end) to the school to give out. Ask the school to run some sort of competition (ie draw your favourite player, design something etc) and the school pick the top 50 children (if they get that many entries) to have a free adult and child ticket. Some people have big families so Offer them to buy an extra adult for £10 and/or child for £5, any additional people charge full price.

Example :
Great Coates and 2 others are designated Macclesfield at home on 21st September. Send letters to the school at the start of that term (2nd September?) explain what you're offering and ask for a reply. If the school replies they're interested send them 50 x child and adult tickets complimentary. The school does the rest. This could add an extra 100-300 onto the attendance who may buy food etc.. More importantly its giving every young child the opportunity to be captured and influenced by Grimsby Town FC to want to support their local team.  Imagine having 100+ children and families sat at that end, I bet they'd make some noise and who knows how many would want to come back.
[/quote

The involvment of young future fans can only be good  for the club a great idea.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
lukeo
July 8, 2019, 10:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Elgringo87
I run a junior football club and once every 6-7 weeks we receive an email from the club ( sent to every manager , 40+ teams) saying that we are entitled to free junior tickets up to the age of 16 for as many kids as we want and adults are £10 each and usually designated to the away corner , I’m not sure it’s been hugely popular as I’ve only been once myself in the “ junior group “ and from my usual seat in the pontoon haven’t seen much activity/intrest from these schemes , but the thought has been there

This is good but realistically some of them will already go to games (like yourself) as they're keen on football and play locally. Whereas if they did it at whole schools it opens up more to a variety of people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
lukeo
July 8, 2019, 10:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
I work in a primary school and know a lot of the children here would enter and our closest FL team is either Yeovil or some of the children support Exeter (20 odd miles away)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Posh Harry
July 9, 2019, 6:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from lukeo
Before I blab on I have quickly typed this up on my phone's word document whilst watching television so please just see it as a rough idea and know it could be tweaked easily..

Example :

Good idea lukeo, until you mentioned Macclesfield. We always play sh8t and lose to them at home. It would put the kids off for life 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
lukeo
July 9, 2019, 8:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Just an update to say Ive emailed the club, Trust and spoken to the fans of the future Facebook page.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
RonMariner
July 9, 2019, 8:32am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Well done. Cracking idea.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Town Monkey
July 9, 2019, 8:48am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Good idea Luke.

Bristol City run a scheme for kids which is £25 a year.  For that you get a free adult and kid ticket, discounts for other games and for your kid's first game they get presented with a "first cap" on the pitch at half time during their first game.  My son loved it.  Although, we've only been to a few games over the last couple of years and he's never seen them score....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Worth putting this to the club?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.