4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 7, 2019, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I have only seen the highlights and photos but Harry Clifton looks to have filled out somewhat. Does he look as though he has in the flesh, as it were ?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 31
Rik e B
July 7, 2019, 3:26pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Lumpaldinho-like it seems   how long have we needed that?! Only The Shop has come anything close, and thats just the presence not the finesse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
GTFC_687
July 7, 2019, 3:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +53
Quoted from Croxton

The Welsh I saw at Clee last year was not fit (in several senses) to lace the boots of Hanson who oozed class in finishing and teamwork. He also looked in good nick during the vigorous shuttle runs at half time, as did Matt Green. Hess, however, wasn't up to his normal high standards as if carrying a slight knock. There were meaty tackles on both sides, Rose being blocked at least twice.

Hess in my opinion ran the show in the first half. His positioning broke up any counter attack’s and I thought his use of the ball was brilliant. He allowed Whitehouse and Clifton freedom to bomb around and made everything tick.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Mariner93er
July 7, 2019, 5:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Exciting midfield 3 that is, which has the energy cover a lot of ground giving the front 3 more of an attacking freedom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
rancido
July 7, 2019, 6:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 92
Quoted from Ipswin
He's a big fella. Lump MkII?

No he's Hanson MkI

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
Mendonca1995
July 7, 2019, 7:29pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Croxton

The Welsh I saw at Clee last year was not fit (in several senses) to lace the boots of Hanson who oozed class in finishing and teamwork. He also looked in good nick during the vigorous shuttle runs at half time, as did Matt Green. Hess, however, wasn't up to his normal high standards as if carrying a slight knock. There were meaty tackles on both sides, Rose being blocked at least twice.

Fully agree and from the shuttle runs Matt green seemed to leave the others behind in terms of fitness he looks in awesome shape Ogbu struggled a bit but that’s to be expected I think we will be trying to be much fitter this season only the first game in but most of the lads looked very good fitness wise

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
Ipswin
July 7, 2019, 8:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from rancido

No he's Hanson MkI

If he proves up to lacing The Lumps boots that'll do for me

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
diehardmariner
July 8, 2019, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
I think the Lump comparisons are very fair.  Hanson is more mobile but he brings that experience and know how to the front-line.  

The real difference between what I saw of Hanson and the other big men we've had since Lump is the ability to head the ball as opposed to let the ball hitting their head.  His goals highlight how he almost passes the ball with his head but he did it throughout the game to bring others into play.

It was against a side several levels below us so we can't get too excited.  But his performance was very encouraging and definitely gave the feeling that as long as we provide him with enough service, he will score goals and/or create chances for others.   Be interesting to see how he fares against defenders at a higher level but the Clee Town lads were attracted to him like a beacon, which created so much space for our other attackers.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
Mighty_Mariner
July 8, 2019, 10:15am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Out of interest, how did Elliot Whitehouse do? Was he playing further forward as a creator or is he more box to box?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
diehardmariner
July 8, 2019, 10:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Difficult to say regards Whitehouse especially when viewing the game at pitch level.  It was a midfield 3 of him, Clifton and Hessenthaler.  

Hessenthaler was still in his breaker-up-in-chief role, coming deep to get the ball from defence and just be a general nuisance.  Clifton and Whitehouse were further forward but if pushed, I'd say it was Clifton as the furthest forward.  I guess it was a diamond of sorts, Hessenthaler at the base, Clifton & Whitehouse central with Ogbu at the top with a free licence to drift out on either flank.  The two full-backs were definitely pushing on to provide width.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Hanson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.