marinerdazza
July 6, 2019, 11:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,781
Gold Stars: 81
He’s a very big man isn’t he?  

Hope he stays fit. Looks like exactly what we've been missing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Northbank Mariner
July 7, 2019, 7:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Absolute handful for any defender, surprised me just how mobile and athletic he is for a lad of his size...and if wants a bite of my sandwich, he can have the lot...
Really impressed with his work rate and the big thing for me was his running off the ball, knowing where and when to be in the right place and the big thing was the way he meets the ball by running off the defender...high hopes for some attacking football this season but not getting over excited, Cleethorpes were a very, very poor side and looking forward to see these boys against Donny and Peterborough to see how we do against a good level of opposition
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
livosnose
July 7, 2019, 8:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
If we can keep him fit , we will do well , simple

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
Ipswin
July 7, 2019, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
He's a big fella. Lump MkII?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 31
jamesgtfc
July 7, 2019, 9:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Absolute handful for any defender, surprised me just how mobile and athletic he is for a lad of his size...and if wants a bite of my sandwich, he can have the lot...
Really impressed with his work rate and the big thing for me was his running off the ball, knowing where and when to be in the right place and the big thing was the way he meets the ball by running off the defender...high hopes for some attacking football this season but not getting over excited, Cleethorpes were a very, very poor side and looking forward to see these boys against Donny and Peterborough to see how we do against a good level of opposition

I also liked how Hanson came deep to get involved and then made his way back towards the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
LondonMariner43
July 7, 2019, 10:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
After last season’s Clee game, people were waxing lyrical about Welsh.  So let’s wait and see...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
Davec
July 7, 2019, 10:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from LondonMariner43
After last season’s Clee game, people were waxing lyrical about Welsh.  So let’s wait and see...

Was they? I seem to remember people were saying how poor he looked? It was before he played his first friendly they was saying how ace he was and then after the first league game in which we lost 4-1 and Welsh had a poor game, people seemed to wax lyrical after that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
GtfcGarner
July 7, 2019, 10:34am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Davec

Was they? I seem to remember people were saying how poor he looked? It was before he played his first friendly they was saying how ace he was and then after the first league game in which we lost 4-1 and Welsh had a poor game, people seemed to wax lyrical after that

Yep echo that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
KingstonMariner
July 7, 2019, 12:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin
He's a big fella. Lump MkII?

That would be ace if he were.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
Croxton
July 7, 2019, 1:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from LondonMariner43

The Welsh I saw at Clee last year was not fit (in several senses) to lace the boots of Hanson who oozed class in finishing and teamwork. He also looked in good nick during the vigorous shuttle runs at half time, as did Matt Green. Hess, however, wasn't up to his normal high standards as if carrying a slight knock. There were meaty tackles on both sides, Rose being blocked at least twice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › James Hanson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.