LocalLadGTFC
July 9, 2019, 11:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,642
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from forza ivano

I thought the same Rik but in actual fact we played 6 first team friendlies, 3 of which were against sunderland, Rotherham and donny last season,but I do think you're right that jolley got his pre season wrong last year, not that hed ever admit it!

I’m 99% sure at the Q&A with Ohman and Ring that Jolley openly admitted he got pre season wrong last year. Stated there would be changes about how they go about things this year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 55
promotion plaice
July 10, 2019, 3:31am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Youtube: All the goals from Grantham v Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eYwTX_cqXM

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
Poojah
July 10, 2019, 7:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,490
Alright, so he’s not up against professional athletes in that footage but the pace and power shown by Ahkeem Rose there is frightening. I’m excited by the prospect of what the season could hold for the likes of him and Wright.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
GtfcGarner
July 10, 2019, 10:06am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Adding on what Poojah said although against part timers Akheem left the poor boy running through treacle.

I think it could be a year for our youngsters obviously we have Clifton already established with a full season under his belt but for the likes of Rose, Pollock, Buckley and Wright could have some very good little prospects. I hope they get given a fair crack of the whip which hasn't always been the case for youths in the past think we will have a rough idea when the friendlies against Doncaster and Peterborough pan out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
marinerdazza
July 10, 2019, 11:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
How did Tyler Garratt get on? Any better than Penny?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
marinerdazza
July 10, 2019, 11:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Ignore me. Thought Garratt was a centre half for some reason.

I see he's been on trial at St Johnstone too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Vs GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.