2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 6:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
If and when a new board come in if you could encourage them to make one realistic change to current practices what would it be?

For me personally it would be shelve the cost of the Junior Season tickets and put them back to being either free or token payment with a paying adult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
forza ivano
July 5, 2019, 7:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Recruit a forward thinking ,innovative chief exec  who would have the power to get things done
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 8:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
If and when a new board come in if you could encourage them to make one realistic change to current practices what would it be?

For me personally it would be shelve the cost of the Junior Season tickets and put them back to being either free or token payment with a paying adult.

So at least 4 people think the cost of junior season tickets is correct GTFC being the most expensive in League 2?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
diehardmariner
July 5, 2019, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,092
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from forza ivano
Recruit a forward thinking ,innovative chief exec  who would have the power to get things done

Exactly!  Clean sweep for me.  From top to bottom, total root and branch review of what's working, what's not working and where we can improve.  

Small and relatively easy changes such as better ticketing initiatives are, in all honesty, what I would expect as a bare minimum from any owners/chairman/non-chairman/custodians of the club.  That said, they're still absolutely necessary and should be implemented as soon as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
grimsbybrown
July 5, 2019, 8:37am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from 1mickylyons

So at least 4 people think the cost of junior season tickets is correct GTFC being the most expensive in League 2?

Is that what people are saying?  Or are they saying it isn't the 'one change' they would make?

I'd agree with the view that a dynamic CEO should be appointed as priority.  I suspect that any forward looking CEO would want to win the hearts and minds of the young generation to build a new generation of supporters.  Token or zero cost youth / kids tickets is a no-brainer in that respect, especially if it's part of a wider strategy to extend the base of active supporters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 8:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsbybrown

Is that what people are saying?  Or are they saying it isn't the 'one change' they would make.

I'd agree with the view that a dynamic CEO should be appointed as priority.  I suspect that any forward looking CEO would want to win the hearts and minds of the young generation to build a new generation of supporters.  Token or zero cost youth / kids tickets is a no-brainer in that respect, especially if it's part of a wider strategy to extend the base of active supporters.

Totally concur with you .It appears to me Town have a lot of potential quick wins. I don`t want everything viewed as a stick to beat the current regime with but we need a huge change of direction of the pitch and a dynamic or even competent CEO would surely get the ball rolling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
1mickylyons
July 5, 2019, 8:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from diehardmariner

Exactly!  Clean sweep for me.  From top to bottom, total root and branch review of what's working, what's not working and where we can improve.  

Small and relatively easy changes such as better ticketing initiatives are, in all honesty, what I would expect as a bare minimum from any owners/chairman/non-chairman/custodians of the club.  That said, they're still absolutely necessary and should be implemented as soon as possible.

I worry any change will come too late to really push ST sales and that`s a shame for all concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
diehardmariner
July 5, 2019, 12:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,092
Gold Stars: 520
I don't think any regime change will come about in time for it to impact on this season, definitely not the start.  

People have already bought season tickets for the coming season so it would be unfair to change any pricing structure (season tickets or matchday tickets) now.  Best we can hope for is a feel good factor from a quick change of the guard in the coming weeks which gives a boost to interest and sales.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
moosey_club
July 7, 2019, 9:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
I would like to see them add some mounds to the goal areas to help with the drainage. 😉

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
crusty ole pie
July 7, 2019, 12:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,311
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from moosey_club
I would like to see them add some mounds to the goal areas to help with the drainage. 😉

Bloody good idea but we had better get the views of sky first
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 7, 2019, 12:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I mean, to be fair, now that the negative feeling of our poor end of season run has faded, the clubs in a decent place right now, the youth academy is working well, management is stable, transfer policy probably as good as it can be with current funding.
I do think marketing is a big one, we had a phase where it was improved, when we did the sticker books and then that guy left did he not? I think we've been poor at using momentum to build the fanbase and thats probably throughout our history not just 2016.
Other than that unless a stadium move happens, then it's just about trying to modernise and continue to be sustainable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Helgy
July 8, 2019, 8:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
We had issues with empty seats outnumbering the fans ,the board came up with the Junior Imps Club.
Think at the time it was a tenner for an adult and kid it worked and brought in extra revenue that was much needed they had their own area in the ground.
It had a two fold effect of boosting revenue & attendances.
No idea what you would call it Junior Town club JTC?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 8, 2019, 8:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,512
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from Helgy
We had issues with empty seats outnumbering the fans ,the board came up with the Junior Imps Club.
Think at the time it was a tenner for an adult and kid it worked and brought in extra revenue that was much needed they had their own area in the ground.

Much as it grieves me to say it we have a lot of catching up with Lincoln on and off the field, for example, think you play Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Forest and my mate buys a ticket for all three games for £12!

Mind not sure a City Centre shop will be profitable and maybe depends on rent that has to be paid but certainly worth a punt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
moosey_club
July 8, 2019, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Helgy

we could call it the Childrens Bonus Package .......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
wuffing
July 9, 2019, 9:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
We could keep the Fish town theme going, whilst at the same time keeping it fun: bring a squid for five quid; bring Uncle Mick for ten crabstick;

I'll go back to bed.  

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
dicko995
July 9, 2019, 10:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -249
Gold Stars: 21
Change the pies, need more meat in them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.