2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 7, 2019, 12:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I mean, to be fair, now that the negative feeling of our poor end of season run has faded, the clubs in a decent place right now, the youth academy is working well, management is stable, transfer policy probably as good as it can be with current funding.
I do think marketing is a big one, we had a phase where it was improved, when we did the sticker books and then that guy left did he not? I think we've been poor at using momentum to build the fanbase and thats probably throughout our history not just 2016.
Other than that unless a stadium move happens, then it's just about trying to modernise and continue to be sustainable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
Helgy
July 8, 2019, 8:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
We had issues with empty seats outnumbering the fans ,the board came up with the Junior Imps Club.
Think at the time it was a tenner for an adult and kid it worked and brought in extra revenue that was much needed they had their own area in the ground.
It had a two fold effect of boosting revenue & attendances.
No idea what you would call it Junior Town club JTC?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 8, 2019, 8:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from Helgy
We had issues with empty seats outnumbering the fans ,the board came up with the Junior Imps Club.
Think at the time it was a tenner for an adult and kid it worked and brought in extra revenue that was much needed they had their own area in the ground.

Much as it grieves me to say it we have a lot of catching up with Lincoln on and off the field, for example, think you play Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke and Forest and my mate buys a ticket for all three games for £12!

Mind not sure a City Centre shop will be profitable and maybe depends on rent that has to be paid but certainly worth a punt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
moosey_club
July 8, 2019, 8:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,206
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Helgy

we could call it the Childrens Bonus Package .......

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
wuffing
July 9, 2019, 9:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +832
Gold Stars: 38
We could keep the Fish town theme going, whilst at the same time keeping it fun: bring a squid for five quid; bring Uncle Mick for ten crabstick;

I'll go back to bed.  

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
dicko995
July 9, 2019, 10:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Change the pies, need more meat in them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Realistic Changes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.