5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
July 6, 2019, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
out of the two Senior looked a better bet today.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
VinnyGTFC
July 7, 2019, 9:36am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from davmariner

Who do you think we are Barcelona? If I could red cross this twice, I would.

What a pathetic reply to a sensible post.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
GtfcGarner
July 7, 2019, 10:36am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Davec

Senior 5 games for Harrogate last season in the National League and Penny 8 appearances mainly off the bench for Hamilton last season which is only 2 more than what Sam Kelly played for them is not inspiring is it? Unless of course you have extremely low standards, if we signed these 2 players without a trial I don't think many people would be commenting saying "wow sensational signings" would they.

I suppose it's all about the fit at the club mate, would you have taken Jamille Matt on a permanent after his loan spell here? He worked wonders for Newport last year I just feel it's all about the fit of the player at a club. Just give the guys a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
July 7, 2019, 2:29pm
Guest User
Trivia.

Senior made his English Football League debut as a 56th-minute substitute for Jordan Cook in a 2–1 win away to Crewe Alexandra on 14 January 2017
Reply: 43 - 47
CodHead
July 7, 2019, 2:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from Davec

Senior 5 games for Harrogate last season in the National League and Penny 8 appearances mainly off the bench for Hamilton last season which is only 2 more than what Sam Kelly played for them is not inspiring is it? Unless of course you have extremely low standards, if we signed these 2 players without a trial I don't think many people would be commenting saying "wow sensational signings" would they.

No but potential squad players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
VinnyGTFC
July 7, 2019, 4:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from CodHead

No but potential squad players

We finished too low in the league to bring in squad players. Each one should be better than we already have in the building.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
Davec
July 7, 2019, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

We finished too low in the league to bring in squad players. Each one should be better than we already have in the building.

Agree every new signing should be capable of pushing for a place and improving the first team, the youth players can be squad players if we need them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
diehardmariner
July 8, 2019, 8:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Davec

Unless of course you have extremely low standards, if we signed these 2 players without a trial I don't think many people would be commenting saying "wow sensational signings" would they.

No, but I don't remember anyone getting excited when we signed Amond, for example.  Or even a few years further back Alan Connell.  Both of those turned out ok.  

With regards Senior, I thought he looked pretty decent on Saturday.  Definitely likes to get forward, which worked well in a 4-3-1-2 system where the expectation is on the fullback to push forward.  Second half he was on the left of a 5-man midfield.  Looked ok but the focus was more on the right hand flank where Max Wright had his full-back on toast.  

Ring - hope I'm wrong but I've yet to see anything in him to suggest he will be a player for us.  I get the Pearson/Rob Jones references (which I actually think is more pertinent to Ohman than Ring, especially when you think of how clumsy he can be on the floor) but both physically and technically he's looked to be out of his depth.  As said, hope I'm wrong.  

Penny - First five seconds he was out paced by Scott Vernon!  Soon settled though and looked quite tidy.  Second half he went to right-back and looked equally comfortable.  Very difficult to assess the defensive capabilities of any players in a game where so much of the action was at the other end.  
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jack Senior

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.