This thread currently has 2,257 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
July 2, 2019, 3:15pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Okay, to give everyone plenty of time I am going to get The Icenian Prediction League entries up and running again,. There was some discussion as to whether we should charge for this, this season but the best suggestion has been to make it optional, so I will charge £5 for those who wish to pay but you can still enter for free.

When we get to kick-off time for the league I will see how many entries have been paid and if it's not going to be worthwhile prize wise I will refund those who paid.

So, rules are exactly the same as always (if not sure just ask). We will kick off with games starting on Saturday 3rd August. The league stage will run for 12 weeks and then the top 16 in the league will enter the knockout stages, which will be played on a 1 to 1 basis.

I will assume that those that finished the last season who I have listed below will be entering again, but if your name is there and you don't want to enter then let me now.

For those that wish to pay their £5 with the prospect of a prize for the league stage winner and the overall winner then send your fiver via Paypal to lesbrechin@hotmail.com or via bank transfer (usual details, if you don't know them PM me).

Those who finished the last season are listed below but if you didn't take part last season but want to this then just post your interest on this thread.

IPSWIN, PONNY FAN, MONKEYBOY, GRANTHAM MARINER, GARY ELTON, TODMORDEN MARINER, POSH HARRY , MIGHTY MARINER, WIZBIT, THEVERA, CMACKENZIE, RICHARD, IVANOSANDWICH, ABDUL19, TAGG, LUKEO, TWO LEFT FEET, FISHOUTOFWATER, GRIMSBY PETE, GOBBY, SONIK, WOZOFGRIMSBY, VINNO69, WILLESDEN MARINER, HAGRID, GTFC JACK, TRAD JAZZ, CRUSTY OLE PIE, CIVVY AT LAST

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Les Brechin
July 3, 2019, 12:58pm

Anybody else. apart from those listed above interested in joining in next season?

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Bignic69
July 3, 2019, 1:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
What are the rules please Les?

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Les Brechin
July 3, 2019, 1:09pm

Quoted from Bignic69
What are the rules please Les?

I post 6 fixtures each week and you must predict the correct score. If you get the score spot on then you earn 3 points. If you get the result correct (ie home, away of draw) but not the correct score you earn 1 point. You can also "Nap" one fixture each week that you are most confident of and any points scored in that game will be doubled. You also post the total of goals predicted in all 6 games and if you get the total spot on then you earn 2 bonus points and 1 bonus point for being 1 out either way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
Bignic69
July 3, 2019, 1:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Les Brechin
July 3, 2019, 1:44pm

Quoted from Bignic69
Sounds good to me, count me in.

Okay, doesn't start until 1st week of August so will PM you a reminder the week before.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Mallyner
July 6, 2019, 9:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,507
Gold Stars: 22
I haven't done it before Les and I wondered what it was all about, but now you have explained the rules, it sounds fun. So if there is space for me, I would like to have a go.

I am happy to pay.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Les Brechin
July 6, 2019, 9:35am

Quoted from Mallyner
I haven't done it before Les and I wondered what it was all about, but now you have explained the rules, it sounds fun. So if there is space for me, I would like to have a go.

I am happy to pay.

Yeah, no problem. If you wish to pay it's a fiver to lesbrechin@hotmail.com or via bank transfer but you can play for free if you wish, just that there would be no prize at the end (bar the honour of winning such a prestigious competition).

First games will be on Saturday 3rd of August but I always post the fixtures a week before to give people plenty of time to get their predictions in.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Les Brechin
July 11, 2019, 10:24am

Just a quick reminder on this. Still some places for anyone else who wants to join in.

At the minute, going from the replies I have had to my PM's it seems a 50/50 split with those who are going to pay the fiver and those who still want to play for free, and just a reminder to those who said that they would be willing to pay, to make sure I receive your fiver before the start of the competition.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Ipswin
July 11, 2019, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just a quick reminder on this. Still some places for anyone else who wants to join in.

At the minute, going from the replies I have had to my PM's it seems a 50/50 split with those who are going to pay the fiver and those who still want to play for free, and just a reminder to those who said that they would be willing to pay, to make sure I receive your fiver before the start of the competition.

Just sent my fiver Les

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Icenian Prediction League

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.