4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
July 19, 2019, 8:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Sheffield United trouble seems the obvious reason why.

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
livosnose
July 19, 2019, 8:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from psgmariner
Bradford like Grimsby has nice bits and horrible bits. Having lived in a BD postcode for a few years I know tonnes of great places round there. Bradford fans are generally sound as well - much more palatable than Leeds fans.

Agreed.

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
livosnose
July 19, 2019, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,159
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from horsforthmariner

This is true - I live 6 miles from Bradford and I haven't been there in about 3 years, complete dump

That’s classic Leeds that . Ever been to Gipton , Seacroft , Harehills , Morley , Burmantofts, Wortley , Armley ?

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
Stadium
July 19, 2019, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Can’t see anything elsewhere but following on from the Bradford kickoff time being changed, I’ve just heard on RH that the game tomorrow is a noon kick off. WTF?!?

Probably rules me out to be honest but I have to ask why the charge?

I’m assuming it’s been given this slot on police instructions?

Do they seriously think it’ll be that much of a risk to start at the usual 3-00 PM?

Midday KO was decided weeks ago.
Pretty obvious after previous issues.

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/-201920-pre-season-fixtures-announced/

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Malta_Mariner_90
July 19, 2019, 9:27pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Stadium

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/may/-201920-pre-season-fixtures-announced/

Has there been trouble with Donny in the past? I suppose this is based on the Sheffield United game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Abdul19
July 19, 2019, 10:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

Has there been trouble with Donny in the past?

Des Hamilton had a right tear up with their top boys in 2003

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
ska face
July 20, 2019, 8:48am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Stadium

You are Nick Dale and I claim my £100.

Is anyone at BP or Humberside Police likely to look at these “previous issues” truthfully? There was one incident which was pretty much unprecedented - the telegraph made a point about how it was the worst incident seen since Leeds came in the early 80s - and 30 people were banned as a result & received (suspended) prison sentences.

A few years earlier we played Sheffield Wednesday in near identical circumstances, at 3pm on a sunny Saturday in mid-July, and absolutely nothing happened. Why is that not used as a reference point by which games should be judged & managed?

I’m sick & tired of ALL fans being treated like untrustworthy liabilities when we all know that’s not the case. Say what you like about “it’s just moving kick off 2 hours” but that’s happened how many times in the last 4,5 years? Mansfield twice a season, Lincoln twice a season, Doncaster, scunny, Bradford, even Donny in a friendly moved to midday now ffs. All-ticket matches and reduced allocations every other week, pushed around by jumped up police and assaulted by stewards. It’s the thin end of the wedge accepting this treatment and it’s disgusting there’s nobody prepared to stand up and speak out on behalf of fans.

Boils my urine.  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
dapperz fun pub
July 20, 2019, 9:04am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
[quote=213]

Is anyone at BP or Humberside Police likely to look at these “previous issues” truthfully? There was one incident which was pretty much unprecedented - the telegraph made a point about how it was the worst incident seen since Leeds came in the early 80s - and 30 people were banned as a result & received (suspended) prison sentences.

A few years earlier we played Sheffield Wednesday in near identical circumstances, at 3pm on a sunny Saturday in mid-July, and absolutely nothing happened. Why is that not used as a reference point by which games should be judged & managed?

We did play Sheffield wed and their was plenty of aggro before the game and some during the game outside bp, your comment is simply untrue not having a go just stating facts

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Stadium
July 20, 2019, 9:19am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from ska face

I’m sick & tired of ALL fans being treated like untrustworthy liabilities when we all know that’s not the case. Say what you like about “it’s just moving kick off 2 hours” but that’s happened how many times in the last 4,5 years? Mansfield twice a season, Lincoln twice a season, Doncaster, scunny, Bradford, even Donny in a friendly moved to midday now ffs. All-ticket matches and reduced allocations every other week, pushed around by jumped up police and assaulted by stewards. It’s the thin end of the wedge accepting this treatment and it’s disgusting there’s nobody prepared to stand up and speak out on behalf of fans.

Boils my urine.  

The question asked was around the timing of the fixture been moved.
The reason why is more than likely police advice after the Sheffield Utd fiasco.
If you think fans are even considered in this age of football or their options taken on board regarding KO times  you are sorely mistaken.
Just look at the farcial fa cup KO time at Palace last season denying fans rail travel as one example.
Unfortunately in this country we have no history of fan protests which pressurises the authorities to change this.
Unlike Germany.

https://m.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559-0

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
FishOutOfWater
July 20, 2019, 12:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Stadium

The question asked was around the timing of the fixture been moved.
The reason why is more than likely police advice after the Sheffield Utd fiasco.
If you think fans are even considered in this age of football or their options taken on board regarding KO times  you are sorely mistaken.
Just look at the farcial fa cup KO time at Palace last season denying fans rail travel as one example.
Unfortunately in this country we have no history of fan protests which pressurises the authorities to change this.
Unlike Germany.

https://m.dw.com/en/bundesliga-monday-games-to-be-discontinued-as-fan-protests-persist/a-46390559-0

To use your one example, surely the Palace kickoff time was decided by the game being on TV

Had it been a police decision surely it would have been an early start to deter the travelling fans any real chance of causing any pre-match trouble

Funny how we had so many fans going there, with our so-called “reputation” and the Met Police were fine with the game start time, yet today with just a fraction of that crowd, people had to be in the ground on a Saturday morning to see this game, with nothing at all at stake, kick off at noon. 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford Game Now 1-00PM

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.