coddy60
July 1, 2019, 10:19pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from Heisenberg

Are you for real? Would you consider yourself an Owl over being a Mariner, really? Surely not? If so, why the hatred for town? Why would you go out of your way to avoid being a town fan and choose Cleethorpes instead? Don’t get me wrong, I understand the stance of FC United of Manchester etc, but seriously, town need all the help they can get. I just don’t get it, I thought all people who followed Cleethorpes were Town fans first and foremost? Have I got this totally wrong?

Silly twit, Dave's an exiled cockney who puts his heart and soul into Clee Town. You've embarrased yourself massively there 👊💦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 126
lukeo
July 1, 2019, 10:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Heisenburg if we all stuck to your theory the only football teams around would be cities and big 'towns'.. What you're saying you could also say to Stockport, Accrington, fc unitedd and Manchester united fans.. Why support them when you can follow a 'decent' team, man City winning the prem etc..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 126
Heisenberg
July 1, 2019, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,815
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from lukeo
Heisenburg if we all stuck to your theory the only football teams around would be cities and big 'towns'.. What you're saying you could also say to Stockport, Accrington, fc unitedd and Manchester united fans.. Why support them when you can follow a 'decent' team, man City winning the prem etc..

I’m obviously in the minority here, ok. The way I see it is, maybe think of Blackpool a few years back. Their friendly neighbours fleetwood weren’t a threat at all, and probably spun the same line saying just as much. That didn’t stop them going a division above Blackpool in the matter of a few years. All of a sudden, fleetwood had the means to really give it a good go, so they did, and I’d imagine that not one player or fan of fleetwood regretted it or had 2nd thoughts about taking over local bragging rights. Any local side who has their own ground and can afford to pay ex-league players a wage is a threat.

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that as I’m on my own with this one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 126
fishboyUTM
July 1, 2019, 11:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Yoda
I go and watch Clee Town now and then and a lot of the fans there are Town fans always checking the town score.

Most i have talked to go because it’s more entertaining than watching Town under Slade and Jolly, it is also a lot cheaper, and you can get a pint at half time.

The majority there want down to do well but have lost all enthusiasm for going to watch them.

This is very sad, but I think is reflective of the mood amongst Town fans. Gates were as poor as the performances towards the latter end of last season. I, myself chose to stay at home for several games last season despite having paid for my season ticket as I was (to borrow a phrase from JF) quite frankly bored out of my bonce. Michael Jolley himself needs to take this negativity on board and turn it into a positive. And the only way he's going to do that is by playing attacking football instead of trying to strangle the life out of games and nick something. The club need to engage with the lost fans, let's hope we can get that takeover done and we can begin a new era together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 126
lukeo
July 2, 2019, 5:59am
Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m obviously in the minority here, ok. The way I see it is, maybe think of Blackpool a few years back. Their friendly neighbours fleetwood weren’t a threat at all, and probably spun the same line saying just as much. That didn’t stop them going a division above Blackpool in the matter of a few years. All of a sudden, fleetwood had the means to really give it a good go, so they did, and I’d imagine that not one player or fan of fleetwood regretted it or had 2nd thoughts about taking over local bragging rights. Any local side who has their own ground and can afford to pay ex-league players a wage is a threat.

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that as I’m on my own with this one.

We all have our opinions and I respect yours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 126
OllieGTFC
July 2, 2019, 8:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Apparently town are going away for a few days does anyone know where ?

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 126
The Yard Dog
July 2, 2019, 9:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from thornemariner
Two adult tickets for Clee Town friendly going free to a good home. Let me know if interested. Two no shows and I'd prefer someone got to use them.

Interested, if not already gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 126
wuffing
July 2, 2019, 9:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Apparently town are going away for a few days does anyone know where ?

Cleethorpes

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 126
OllieGTFC
July 3, 2019, 5:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Quoted from wuffing

Cleethorpes

😂😂 wouldn’t surprise me

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 126
lukeo
July 3, 2019, 7:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Skegvages
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee Town friendly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.