Heisenberg
June 29, 2019, 8:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from CleeDavid
It is designated an "all-ticket" match with a safety capacity of around 1800, which was reached last season.

There is a possibility of pay at the gate depending on sales, but to be sure of entry purchase a ticket (adults £6, over 65s & under 18s £4) at:

Blundell Park
Linden Club
Pygott & Crone (Gy and Clee)
Tilletts (Seaview Street)
Sonnies Barbers (Humberston).

For any exiles or other fans out of town, feel free to email me at the address below and I will endeavour to reserve you a ticket on the gate at the appropriate price.

secretary@cleethorpestownfc.co.uk

Hope you don't mind an Owl on your forum and I hope the info helps.

Best of luck to the Mariners for a successful season.

Are you for real? Would you consider yourself an Owl over being a Mariner, really? Surely not? If so, why the hatred for town? Why would you go out of your way to avoid being a town fan and choose Cleethorpes instead? Don’t get me wrong, I understand the stance of FC United of Manchester etc, but seriously, town need all the help they can get. I just don’t get it, I thought all people who followed Cleethorpes were Town fans first and foremost? Have I got this totally wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 126
Stadium
June 29, 2019, 10:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Heisenberg

Are you for real? Would you consider yourself an Owl over being a Mariner, really? Surely not? If so, why the hatred for town? Why would you go out of your way to avoid being a town fan and choose Cleethorpes instead? Don’t get me wrong, I understand the stance of FC United of Manchester etc, but seriously, town need all the help they can get. I just don’t get it, I thought all people who followed Cleethorpes were Town fans first and foremost? Have I got this totally wrong?

Log off,you've been out in the sun too long.
Idiotic reply to a really informative post.
No wonder this forum is ridiculed at times with replies like this.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 126
KingstonMariner
June 29, 2019, 11:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Heisenberg. That’s out of character. Too much Vimto.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 126
Heisenberg
June 29, 2019, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Heisenberg. That’s out of character. Too much Vimto.

Normally you’d have me there, I do love vimto. But I was being genuine. Maybe I’m on my own with this, but ‘an owl’? Really?! I find that baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 126
KingstonMariner
June 30, 2019, 12:28am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Heisenberg

Normally you’d have me there, I do love vimto. But I was being genuine. Maybe I’m on my own with this, but ‘an owl’? Really?! I find that baffling.

Shame

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 126
Northbank Mariner
June 30, 2019, 7:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Heisenberg

Correct me if wrong but I think you've got this all wrong...as an "owl" he means a Cleethorpes fan, not Sheffield Wednesday which I what I think you are thinking!!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 126
Heisenberg
June 30, 2019, 7:58am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Correct me if wrong but I think you've got this all wrong...as an "owl" he means a Cleethorpes fan, not Sheffield Wednesday which I what I think you are thinking!!...

No, I’m aware, there’s no confusion. I just think that someone from the area who chooses to be ‘an Owl’ is for some reason refusing to be a Mariner, and I don’t know why anybody would do that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 126
Northbank Mariner
June 30, 2019, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Heisenberg

No, I’m aware, there’s no confusion. I just think that someone from the area who chooses to be ‘an Owl’ is for some reason refusing to be a Mariner, and I don’t know why anybody would do that.

Afraid my old mate it's quite simple...it's called freedom of choice...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 126
Yoda
June 30, 2019, 11:28am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,912
Gold Stars: 62
I go and watch Clee Town now and then and a lot of the fans there are Town fans always checking the town score.

Most i have talked to go because it’s more entertaining than watching Town under Slade and Jolly, it is also a lot cheaper, and you can get a pint at half time.

The majority there want down to do well but have lost all enthusiasm for going to watch them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 126
dapperz fun pub
June 30, 2019, 1:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Yoda
I go and watch Clee Town now and then and a lot of the fans there are Town fans always checking the town score.

Most i have talked to go because it’s more entertaining than watching Town under Slade and Jolly, it is also a lot cheaper, and you can get a pint at half time.

The majority there want down to do well but have lost all enthusiasm for going to watch them.

I’ve been a couple of times with mates but it didn’t give me the same buzz as when town score  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 126
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee Town friendly

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.