4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
June 28, 2019, 10:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I’m very happy with how things are panning out (early signings & maybe a new owner etc) I’m hoping for a playoff place this season, Michael Jolley knows the set up now with having a full season behind him, he can only improve now, he seems to be addressing our past weaknesses too 👍

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
Nutsy
June 28, 2019, 11:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
I am excited knowing we have a potentially exciting and dynamic attack, it could be anyone of:
Hanson Green
        Ogbu

Wright. Hanson  Vernam

Ogbu. Green  Vernam

etc etc

Matched with what is looking like a tidy midfield:

Hessenthaler Whitehouse Hewitt

Hess Whitehouse

Clifton Whitehouse

etc etc

Lastly, what is looking like it will be similar to last term:

Mckeown
Hendrie. Sowunmi? Ohman Davis RIng

Macca
Hendrie Davis Ohman Ring

Macca
Hendrie Sowunmi Ohman Ring

Overall this excites any football fan, there are some questionable areas, such as 'is the midfield creative enough?', 'is Ring a good LB defensively?', 'we haven't actually signed Sowunmi yet!'; but this is a good start. Yes, they might not gel together, think Fulham last season, but if there is one thing we know for certain - Jolley is damn good at motivating and being a people person (ignore whatever fracas happened between him and Wes).

UTM!

I have also put £10 on us to win the league, and £10 on us to go up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
Mariner93er
June 28, 2019, 11:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I'm sure green we deployed in a wing position in a 433 for Lincoln, and I think we may see something similar with Ogbu on the other wing and Hanson in the middle. As our central midfielders are generally ones that can cover a lot of ground, the front 3 can interchange quite a bit. With our signings to date, I think this is how it will be, with Vernam, Wright, rose and Cardwell all capable of fitting into that front 3, and 4 central midfielders. I think we may see one more central midfielder and a couple of versatile defenders.

I always have hope more than expectation, but defensively we weren't terrible last season, but attackingly we were. It looks like this has been addressed so I do expect a better points tally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
mimma
June 28, 2019, 12:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
We're missing one vital ingredient, LUCK.

There can't be many teams that get serious injuries to star players (Hearn twice, Whitehouse) preseason and have to miss the whole season.

We must be due a huge slice of it to even itself out.

Here's hoping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
RonMariner
June 28, 2019, 12:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
People seem to assuming we have got the lad from Yeovile. Is it confirmed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Johnnyc66
June 28, 2019, 1:02pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +66
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Let's hope we have no serious issues with key personnel at the beginning of the season as it appears that Elliot Whitehouse was a key part of MJ's plans last season. Personally think we need a better left back than what Ring showed last season - let's hope he comes back stronger, another centre back and a creative midfielder, then I believe we have a decent squad with a little bit of slack.

I am reserving judgement on Ring. He had no pre-season and came in having to hit the ground running after the seson finished in Sweden.
Ohman had to do the same, but maybe it was easier to adapt to a centre back role in the 4th division. Ring's tackle rate wasn't too bad if you look at the stats, but he made some poor/non decisions going forward. (Was that judgement?)
We do still need another left back for cover at least

I'm going to get my season ticket next week, I was doubtful, but I like what I have seen so far with the signings. More to come lets hope
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
friskneymariner
June 28, 2019, 2:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Anyone know how Whitehouse is doing.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
promotion plaice
June 28, 2019, 2:19pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from friskneymariner
Anyone know how Whitehouse is doing.

Looks to be training well with the rest of the squad going on the picture gallery......

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/gallery--pre-season-training---day-1/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Posh Harry
June 28, 2019, 4:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Nutsy
I am excited knowing we have a potentially exciting and dynamic attack, it could be anyone of:
Hanson Green
        Ogbu

Wright. Hanson  Vernam

Ogbu. Green  Vernam

etc etc

Matched with what is looking like a tidy midfield:

Hessenthaler Whitehouse Hewitt

Hess Whitehouse

Clifton Whitehouse

etc etc

Lastly, what is looking like it will be similar to last term:

Mckeown
Hendrie. Sowunmi? Ohman Davis RIng

Macca
Hendrie Davis Ohman Ring

Macca
Hendrie Sowunmi Ohman Ring

Overall this excites any football fan, there are some questionable areas, such as 'is the midfield creative enough?', 'is Ring a good LB defensively?', 'we haven't actually signed Sowunmi yet!'; but this is a good start. Yes, they might not gel together, think Fulham last season, but if there is one thing we know for certain - Jolley is damn good at motivating and being a people person (ignore whatever fracas happened between him and Wes).

UTM!

I have also put £10 on us to win the league, and £10 on us to go up.

£10 for us to win the league? Blimey. You like living up to your name don’t you!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Nutsy
June 28, 2019, 8:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Posh Harry

£10 for us to win the league? Blimey. You like living up to your name don’t you!!

I can dream haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Expectations

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.