Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Moses Ogbu (Signed)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 298 Guests

Moses Ogbu (Signed)

This thread currently has 35,597 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Cambs Mariner
June 25, 2019, 9:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Or the player we signed by mistake. Serge Makafo.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 163
KingstonMariner
June 25, 2019, 10:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Chima Chima Chima Chima!

Or as the press listed him the day after we played Tranmere, C. O’Corrie.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 163
RonMariner
June 25, 2019, 11:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,542
Gold Stars: 224
Looks to have power, pace, ball control, finishing and good distribution.

Ogbu, Hanson and Green! Can't remember when we last had three strikers of this quality in the same squad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 163
HackneyHaddock
June 26, 2019, 12:22am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from forza ivano
the other good thing is that his name scans Omar's song perfectly

No.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 163
Grimsby2012
June 26, 2019, 12:39am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Sorry but this takeover has to have something to do with these 3 signings..... We would normally be extremely lucky to even get 1 of them, but to arguably have 3 of the best strikers in the league? We must be having some form of transfer kitty increase with this takeover...

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 163
pen penfras
June 26, 2019, 6:55am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Grimsby2012
Sorry but this takeover has to have something to do with these 3 signings..... We would normally be extremely lucky to even get 1 of them, but to arguably have 3 of the best strikers in the league? We must be having some form of transfer kitty increase with this takeover...

No way is Fenty sanctioning budget breaking signings that he will have to cover the cost of later (if it falls through). There's the FFP rules, where we can only spend 55% of income, after that it has to be made up of donations, not loans.

We already had arguably one of the best strikers in the league in Thomas, Welsh was highly paid. Woolford and Collins won't have been cheap. We've probably released a good portion of our higher earners, so Jolley has more flexibility to push the boat out. He's already shown last year that he is trying to assemble a smaller squad with more quality than lots of average players like the previous few managers have, not all of it paid off but I have faith in this approach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 163
forza ivano
June 26, 2019, 7:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

No.

But it does work, I just tried it now. The rest of the bus looked at me a bit strangely but hey ho
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 163
Poojah
June 26, 2019, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,428
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Or the player we signed by mistake. Serge Makafo.

Funnily enough, I was speaking to someone recently who worked for the club at the time, who shared the full story behind the Makofo debacle. This, supposedly, is how it went down.

Apparently at the time, Town weren’t even sending a scout to watch every opponent due to massive budgetary restrictions following relegation from the league, instead relying on video alone for many games. As luck would have it though our next two opponents, Crawley and Kettering happened to be playing each other on a Tuesday evening and so the decision was made to send someone to the game.

Back in 2010 it wasn’t mandatory for conference clubs to employ squad numbers (and therefore names on shirts) and Kettering, one of the smaller clubs in the division, were still using the traditional 1 - 11 system for each match.

This led to a minor error being made on the teamsheet, with Makofo being attributed the number 9 shirt which in fact was being worn by Jean Paul Marna. As it would play out, Marna ran Crawley ragged that night, scoring a goal in the process. Confusion was then compounded by the fact that upon scoring, the Crawley PA announcer (equipped with the erroneous teamsheet) attributed the goal to Makofo.

The scouting report returned to Town with Makofo being given rave reviews on the back of Marna’s performance. Since Kettering were struggling financially at the time, it was decided that we should make a cheeky offer in the hope of luring Kettering’s star man on the cheap. A deal was quickly concluded, and Makofo was quite literally dropped off to sign as Kettering arrived for the game at Blundell Park a few days later.

It was only at this point, as it dawned on the scout who had attended the Crawley game that the player we had supposedly signed was still on the pitch wearing a Kettering shirt, that it came to light that a terrible mistake had been made - we’d awarded a lucrative 3 year deal to completely the wrong man. The rest is history.

Dark, dark days.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 163
Rik e B
June 26, 2019, 8:41am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Wow, shocking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 163
June 26, 2019, 8:45am
Guest User
He must be left up when opponents have a corner, great outlet. Don't like all this every man back. No wonder Macca can't get to the ball from corners 19-20 players in area.
Reply: 119 - 163
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Moses Ogbu (Signed)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.