2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Grimsby2012
June 22, 2019, 8:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishboyUTM
June 22, 2019, 8:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
He's had numerous chances to give it his all and has failed on each occasion. Anyway, he's a left back and we have Seb Ring who I predict will be a revelation with a full pre season behind him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Rik e B
June 23, 2019, 9:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I hope so, I sense a classy player in there who been restricted by a lack of match sharpness. Many have voiced their doubts though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
MarinersOnTheUp
June 23, 2019, 10:50am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +22 / -2
Approval: +484
Quoted from Rik e B
I hope so, I sense a classy player in there who been restricted by a lack of match sharpness. Many have voiced their doubts though

Sebastian Ring is a good player I think. He has more successful tackles per game than the likes of Andrew Fox, who was a fantastic player for us. I think it's easy to forget that he's a 23 year old who's moved away from his home country for the first time and that the Swedish season only finished just before he signed for us, so he's essentially gone 18 months without a break or Pre season. Give him chance and get behind he lad, I'm sure he'll prove to be a good signing.

[tweet] https://twitter.com/d3d4football/status/1142383773675347968?s=21 [/tweet]

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
grimsby pete
June 23, 2019, 11:04am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
I will leave it to MJ and his team to find the players he wants thanks.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
fishboyUTM
June 23, 2019, 11:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MarinersOnTheUp

Sebastian Ring is a good player I think. He has more successful tackles per game than the likes of Andrew Fox, who was a fantastic player for us. I think it's easy to forget that he's a 23 year old who's moved away from his home country for the first time and that the Swedish season only finished just before he signed for us, so he's essentially gone 18 months without a break or Pre season. Give him chance and get behind he lad, I'm sure he'll prove to be a good signing.

[tweet] https://twitter.com/d3d4football/status/1142383773675347968?s=21 [/tweet]

I've seen enough flashes of quality to suggest he will do well for us. He looked to struggle physcially and must improve on that side of his game. To be fair, the Swedish season had finished several weeks before when he signed for us. Will have been the same for Ohman but it's easier at centre back than wing back which is probably the most physically demanding position there is in modern football.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Jarmo.Is.God
June 24, 2019, 11:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Without turning this into a Ring thread all of a sudden...
He's moved over 1000 miles from home, the place he was born and played.

And we was use to Fox, who was a very good player, who I still can't believe was released from a trail and signed Dixon instead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
diehardmariner
June 24, 2019, 12:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,982
Gold Stars: 517
Dixon actually looked decent when on trial and, if I remember right, turned us down upon our first offer - preferring to gamble on waiting for a better deal.

I think it was Barnsley at home the trial game that Dixon played.  We brought a Dutch striker for the last 10 minutes, he scored and looked exactly what we needed.  Not sure if we made moves to sign him or not in the end.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
jamesgtfc
June 24, 2019, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,806
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Without turning this into a Ring thread all of a sudden...
He's moved over 1000 miles from home, the place he was born and played.

And we was use to Fox, who was a very good player, who I still can't believe was released from a trail and signed Dixon instead

Playing devil's advocate here but we may have offered Fox a deal. Being the decent, honest guy that Fox is, he could have asked for a 6 month deal as he was waiting for his visa.

Certainly think we missed Fox during the second half of last season. He was steady but had a good engine and was comfortable with the ball at either foot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 24, 2019, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,749
Gold Stars: 177
Who was the Dutch striker?

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Matthew briggs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.