Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 18 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 263,169 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Stadium
July 12, 2019, 5:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
Just going back to how long this takeover as taken,

It's normal these things take time it was said when we leave the EU it could take 10 years to do a trade deal. What the fook ???????  Can 't they say we want to buy your products tariff free and in return we will sell you ours tariff free,

So why does it take so long to buy a small footy club.?

Me thinks it could be all the money grabbing legal people doing the paperwork @ £200+ per hour

Who knows the issues surrounding the takeover.
Are you suggesting the legal teams are purposely delaying to increase their fees??
Nice conspiracy theory but you've probably been watching too many movies.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 560 - 1162
Rik e B
July 12, 2019, 6:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
The issue will be Fenty's loans, of that I'm sure. 'Must have a clear vision for the club'... No, must be willing to pay back Fenty his millions more like.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 561 - 1162
Bigdog
July 12, 2019, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin
I am increasingly concerned that Shutes hasn't got the money whether he just hasn't got the cash period and is looking for another backer or whether Fenty is simply asking too much, either way I fear cash is the problem and in fairness I don't want a takeover by someone who can't invest some funds into the club.

Obviously fresh investment is needed, but if it was a choice of staying as we are or being taken over by new owners with a small cash investment, a new outlook, a new beginning, a restructuring of how the club is run, new potential contacts for further investment, decent PR, a better narrative with the fanbase, a better cv with community developments, already heavily involved in the New Town Deal, a new board that embraces change and an open collaborative demeanour without having the hassle of council business conflicts of interest with the new stadium.. then I'd take that as a new starting point for a fresh future, with or without a large dollop of cash to go with it.. preferably with though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 562 - 1162
SomeSanity
July 12, 2019, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
It doesn't matter who the majority shareholder is. It'll be the same people running the club day to say and thats the issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 563 - 1162
July 12, 2019, 7:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from Rik e B
The issue will be Fenty's loans, of that I'm sure. 'Must have a clear vision for the club'... No, must be willing to pay back Fenty his millions more like.

Absolutely this!! 100%!! Strangling the Club, needing to feed his own ego, lasting legacy!! It’s all absolute bo11ocks!! He needs to leave and take his cronies and their £250 premium bonds with them!!!
Reply: 564 - 1162
lew chaterleys lover
July 12, 2019, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from SomeSanity
It doesn't matter who the majority shareholder is. It'll be the same people running the club day to say and thats the issue.

No business minded consortium would allow things to continue as they are. I am sure they realise that the day to day running of the club can be improved with a new mindset and/or fresh faces.
Private Message
Reply: 565 - 1162
Bristol Mariner
July 12, 2019, 7:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from RichMariner
I have no doubt that Town can - in the right circumstances, even now, under the tenure of Fenty - attract a large crowd to BP for a fourth division match.

The problem - the real problem - is sustaining it. When the luck's in the right place, and the wind is blowing in the right direction, we're ok. But as soon as that changes (and it does, because these good things only last for a game or two) we've consistently shown throughout the Fenty era that we can't build on it.

This regime doesn't know how.

It doesn't know how to capitalise on a good thing. Fenty didn't give Hurst what he wanted to take this club forward. The squad got broken up more than any of us liked. The £110k that fans raised unprompted went on clearing debts. How hard would it have been to say that it helped bring Omar to the club? Even if it wasn't true?

I truly believe that this club can achieve 10,000 fans for home games IF we are run sensibly and with a modern proactive board who not only recognise and embrace new marketing strategies but know how to actually run them.

We're crying out for modernisation, not just in the material things but in the way we think.

I didn't start supporting the Mariners for the glory. No one does. I enjoy it when some comes along, but I started supporting the Mariners because it was in my family, and it represented the town I grew up in.

If we engage the local population in the right way, make them feel valued, and make attending games a ritual again, then we'll have a better chance of sustaining decent attendances - irrespective (to some degree) of how we perform on the pitch.

Watching the Mariners needs to be made easy. Buying tickets needs to be easy. Engagement on social media has to be better (although I acknowledge it's improved recently). If we're in the community, we need to shout about it more. I'm not an expert in these matters, but neither is Fenty, which is why a takeover isn't just about how much cash Shutes has got, but more about his marketing acumen.

Kidnap Fenty and co and bring them to Bristol City, yes appreciate bigger town and club but the little things like fans entertainment before game, ease to buy tickets, the family area, the organised bars and on and in. Exeter City seem to have it right too.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 566 - 1162
forza ivano
July 12, 2019, 9:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Hearing rumours of progress in what might be an alternative venue to the new stadium. Facebook's praise and grumble site have strongly suggested that fish dock no.3 will be the site of the new stadium  and the story I've heard tends to support this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 567 - 1162
Northbank Mariner
July 12, 2019, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from forza ivano
Hearing rumours of progress in what might be an alternative venue to the new stadium. Facebook's praise and grumble site have strongly suggested that fish dock no.3 will be the site of the new stadium  and the story I've heard tends to support this

The only issue is ABP....Believe me, I worked for them for 19 years and now owned by venture capitalists who won't give up land without a premium price tag...
A..all
B...bullshite &
P..promises..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 568 - 1162
RoboCod
July 12, 2019, 9:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
is the whole takeover deal absolutely dependant on the new ground getting confirmation? Taking the club forward can only be done with a new ground, could the potential buyers be putting that deal forward; thrash out the exact new ground location, set a date for the start or there's no buyout?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 569 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.