Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 22 Guests

Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

This thread currently has 262,700 views. Print
117 Pages Prev ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
July 12, 2019, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Civvy at last

My view is that the club is not being run very well and that no outside attention seems to be welcome.

I’m realistic enough to accept that no-one is going to come in and throw millions at the club. But even if a new owner didn’t particularly invest. I believe the club could still improve just by better management at board level.  

Just to take that a stage further, my fear is that any potential investor would look at the club as it stands and see that it is worth next to nothing.

The advantage of a property investor being interested is that he will have more insight into the potential of a new stadium and has probably had discussions with NELC, the Freemen and ABP.

What no-one can change is the past.
Private Message
Reply: 550 - 1162
arryarryarry
July 12, 2019, 1:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I don’t know where the ‘we’ comes from in ‘we wanted someone to come in who would invest’. I (and quite a lot of of other posters) have said we want someone to come in and run the club better and help it fulfill its potential. Extra money for the squad would come from improved income.

I wouldn’t want any Tom, male private or Harry to take over the club. I expect the Trust to be looking at that from the supporters’ point of view and not trusting to the football authorities. Not quite ABF.

As for beating Fenty with that stick. I think you’ve misrepresented  it again. It’s not the lack of money he’s put in, it’s the way he’s run things leading, amongst other things, to lost revenue and poor performance.

But you know all that really. You’re not stupid. Just provocative.

I agree and also with Civvy, I have been banging on for seasons about how poorly this club has been run from top to bottom.

Blundell Park has been run down on the pretence that we will have a new stadium so that some parts of it look like Steptoe's back yard. The floodlights have been crap for the past few years and now when the likelyhood of a new ground seems nearer we are spending God  knows how much on upgrading them.

Just seems like one bad decision after another.
Private Message
Reply: 551 - 1162
MarshMariner
July 12, 2019, 2:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Is possible, these could be moved to any new ground?  Not an expert in this field..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 552 - 1162
Ipswin
July 12, 2019, 3:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I don’t know where the ‘we’ comes from in ‘we wanted someone to come in who would invest’. I (and quite a lot of of other posters) have said we want someone to come in and run the club better and help it fulfill its potential. Extra money for the squad would come from improved income.

I wouldn’t want any Tom, male private or Harry to take over the club. I expect the Trust to be looking at that from the supporters’ point of view and not trusting to the football authorities. Not quite ABF.

As for beating Fenty with that stick. I think you’ve misrepresented  it again. It’s not the lack of money he’s put in, it’s the way he’s run things leading, amongst other things, to lost revenue and poor performance.

But you know all that really. You’re not stupid. Just provocative.

Oh do go and intercourse yourself, I can't be bothered to find them now but there are no end of posts complaining that Fenty hasn't invested anything in the club for years, I merely pointed out that any potential buyer would ideally have money to invest not just simply bringing a new outlook to the boardroom. No point in a new man who hasn't got a pot to urine in.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 553 - 1162
Malta_Mariner_90
July 12, 2019, 3:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh do go and intercourse yourself, I can't be bothered to find them now but there are no end of posts complaining that Fenty hasn't invested anything in the club for years, I merely pointed out that any potential buyer would ideally have money to invest not just simply bringing a new outlook to the boardroom. No point in a new man who hasn't got a pot to urine in.

Its not just about "investing" though is it. How much money has the current incumbent ended up costing us through poor managerial decisions (running the club side that is) over the years? Our spell in the non-league alone would have been pretty costly. Lets not forget he reappointed Slade which nearly meant a return to the abyss after two years!

Yes it would be nice to have someone bankroll us. But you have to ask yourself why is that 2+million on the balance sheet if at some point Mr. Fenty did not invest? He clearly has done...just a shame it has proved to be a waste of money over the long term.

I would prefer someone who connects the club with the community properly, the recent launch of the fans of the future show that things are changing slowly even if the take over does not happen. Just hope that that scheme is not a one off and it can be a pandoras box so to speak in terms of the club allowing for fresh ideas from the fans which will ultimately be of benefit to the club.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 554 - 1162
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 12, 2019, 3:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Ipswin

Unless a restructuring or reorganisation can be managed!

Maybe getting people in to do a job that they have a track record in for a start, or at least some knowledge of. Or would you prefer the catering at the ground continue to be done by Edna's baby sitting squad and  the pr done by swastika's-are-us (cleckeaton branch)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 555 - 1162
Les Brechin
July 12, 2019, 3:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin

Don't forget the YMCA doss house in the new all singing all dancing wonderful new toerag free Freemo

Just going a bit off track but does anyone know what's happening to the old Sally Army "doss house" down Brighowgate.

Walked past it the other day and the outside seems to have been painted but looks empty inside still.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 556 - 1162
grimsby pete
July 12, 2019, 3:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Just going back to how long this takeover as taken,

It's normal these things take time it was said when we leave the EU it could take 10 years to do a trade deal. What the fook ???????  Can 't they say we want to buy your products tariff free and in return we will sell you ours tariff free,

So why does it take so long to buy a small footy club.?

Me thinks it could be all the money grabbing legal people doing the paperwork @ £200+ per hour

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 557 - 1162
KingstonMariner
July 12, 2019, 3:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Ooooooooooooh! Calm down love.

😂😂😂😂😂

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 558 - 1162
Les Brechin
July 12, 2019, 4:07pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174

Now, we could have a problem there!  

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 559 - 1162
117 Pages Prev ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Its happening!!! The takeover!!!

Thread Rating

There have been 3 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.