Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Going for it?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 359 Guests

GTFC Going for it?

This thread currently has 14,267 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 12:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
The 2 signings so far suggest to me seem to signal a statement of intent if nothing else then in terms of wage structure being altered I can`t see either being cheap in League 2 terms ? Really hoping these are the first of half a dozen or so quality signings and I just wonder who is agreeing to bankroll it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
June 18, 2019, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from 1mickylyons
The 2 signings so far suggest to me seem to signal a statement of intent if nothing else then in terms of wage structure being altered I can`t see either being cheap in League 2 terms ? Really hoping these are the first of half a dozen or so quality signings and I just wonder who is agreeing to bankroll it?

Bankrolling? We have signed two forwards which were desperately needed to even get us to mid-table.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 71
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker

Bankrolling? We have signed two forwards which were desperately needed to even get us to mid-table.

My point is Lew it must have been agreed to get players in and meet higher wage demands if required . Both these players will command higher wages than I bet we have paid out pro rata for years?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 71
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 12:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

My point is Lew it must have been agreed to get players in and meet higher wage demands if required . Both these players will command higher wages than I bet we have paid out pro rata for years?

Which by the way I whole heartedley agree with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 71
Cricklewoodmariner
June 18, 2019, 12:45pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Lets see if you're still saying that at the end of the window. 2 decent (on paper) signings out of how many needed to be challenging the top of the table?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 71
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 18, 2019, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Like me, we keep hoping Micky.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 71
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Cricklewoodmariner

Lets see if you're still saying that at the end of the window. 2 decent (on paper) signings out of how many needed to be challenging the top of the table?

Read the original post I agree ideally think Town needed around 6 quality additions and probably a couple more squad players  2 attackers DONE 2 midfielders and 4 defenders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 71
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 1:06pm
Special Brew Drinker

Like me, we keep hoping Micky.

I don`t hear anywhere near as many rumours as I would like to BUT I will say I was expecting a signing from Derby according to information recieved .A few high end loanee youngsters in the mould of Embleton and I will be chomping at the bit for August . Nice of Town to push the boat out rather than put a sticking plaster over the holes in the rubber dinghy for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 71
Heisenberg
June 18, 2019, 1:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I don`t hear anywhere near as many rumours as I would like to BUT I will say I was expecting a signing from Derby according to information recieved .A few high end loanee youngsters in the mould of Embleton and I will be chomping at the bit for August . Nice of Town to push the boat out rather than put a sticking plaster over the holes in the rubber dinghy for a change.

Are we pushing the boat out, really?  None of us really know that.  So far,  a few players have left, and now the money saved from that is being used to bring other players in.  No transfer fees paid.  Presumably the highest earner (McKeown) remains so.  Currently the playing staff are coming in under budget, or at least I hope so as we need to make more signings.

I'm sceptical of 'senior' players being signed as there aren't many like Futcher or Birtles who really add anything, but I remain hopeful.  I'm hoping for a relatively small squad of quality.  So far we have lots of youth players in the squad, and I feel they will HAVE to step up this season and not just make up the numbers, otherwise we'll be in a relegation scrap again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 71
1mickylyons
June 18, 2019, 1:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Are we pushing the boat out, really?  None of us really know that.  So far,  a few players have left, and now the money saved from that is being used to bring other players in.  No transfer fees paid.  Presumably the highest earner (McKeown) remains so.  Currently the playing staff are coming in under budget, or at least I hope so as we need to make more signings.

I'm sceptical of 'senior' players being signed as there aren't many like Futcher or Birtles who really add anything, but I remain hopeful.  I'm hoping for a relatively small squad of quality.  So far we have lots of youth players in the squad, and I feel they will HAVE to step up this season and not just make up the numbers, otherwise we'll be in a relegation scrap again.

Like Cricklewood says we will have to wait and see what we end up with but you can`t argue that these 2 incomings are anything but quality league 2 signings . I am optimistic that more will follow and Hanson in interview gives that pointer so let`s enjoy today`s news and cross our fingers for more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 71
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Going for it?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.